• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DTA SRS Monopod

millsd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2010
Austin, TX
Having a last minute thought on adding the factory installed monopod to my DTA SRS 338/308 rifle system. Anyone have thoughts on either recommending for or against this $350 add-on?

Re: DTA SRS Monopod

In my opinion add it. Great design & easy to use. It helps some of us that are "less than steady" and the money was well worth it not to have to ship both ways to add later. Anthony

You should get most of it back if you decide to sell the rifle down the road, and it may help the rifle sell quicker.

It is certainly an expensive option compared to other monopod products on the market, but the DTA monopods I have seen are extremely well-made, well-designed units that are purpose-built for the DTA SRS. I would rather have it installed now than to incur the time and expense of having DTA install it later (i.e. - ship them your rifle for retrofitting, wait for them to get the job done, wait for your rifle to return though the shipping channels, plus deal with the additional costs assoc. with S&H out and back).

In short...JUST DO IT!!!
wink.gif

Blast this forum!!! I started off with a simple DTA SRS order in 338 and now I'm in for 338 and 308 with likely monopod and toolkit adds. But wait! I can't shoot $7 rounds of 338, so today my shiny new Redding t7 loader showed up...um, but it's lonely and needs about $600 worth of friends to complete the loading setup. And then today in a completely unrelated and innocent search, I came across the GGG bipods...and let's be honest...I can't live without one of those, right???

Hopefully that SRS comes in soon as I need to focus on shooting the shiny new rifle instead of getting distracted by all the other cool things I think I need...

SRS Does NOT equal Stealth Recon Scout, that's just fancy advertising....It REALLY stands for Shiny Rifle Syndrom because that's what you get as soon as you see it!

Alas, I too am a sufferer....

Having just spent 3 days with my rifle in Wyoming at a shoot I wish I'd gotten the monopod on mine. My friend had one installed on his and it is simple to use and a great aid to those of us who are not capable of doing impressions of solid rock. My rifle shot fantastic and we had great fun but I had to keep fiddling with the sandbags instead of the simple monopod adjustments like the Solothurn....

Frank

It's a done deal...monopod is being added. And I've got another week and a half to come up with an explanation to my wife on how the price increased 50% from my original order. Does DTA deliver flowers as well? :)