• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DTA?

Whit

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2009
Ohio
Sorry if this is posted somewhere else. Is the only difference between the SRS and Covert chassis (not including the barrel) the forend rail?

YES. The covert handguard is approx. 1/2 as long. Other than that and barrels they are identical.

Russ @ DTM

And you can swap between the short and long handguards with either rifle, though it's something you'll have to do in your workshop, not the range.

And you can use any of the barrels in your covert but only the barrels over 22" long with the long handguard.....I suppose you could use the shorter barrels in the long handguard but the blast will be inside the handguard and leave carbon tracks where it vents out through the holes...
I swapped out my long handguard for a short one like Dogtown mentioned and I'll not go back to the long one.

Frank

Recent TBAC suppressor failure on 16" 338LM. Zak from TBAC repaired it expeditiously at no charge! He did recommend that those using shorter (16-18") barrels on magnum calibers to contact them concerning their safe use and load data! BEWARE!!!
This would be true for any suppressor, not just TBAC.