• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors DTSS compared to TBAC

BFD711

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Curious if anyone has had the opportunity to compare a DTA suppressor to a Thunder Beast. I am wondering if there are significant differences in terms of baffle design / construction / accuracy / first round shift. I have not heard too much about the DTA cans other than an occasional praise without details of what makes it a quality can. I am specifically interested in the break attach .338 titanium models. Other than the DTA being slightly lighter, what other significant differences exist between the two?

Re: DTSS compared to TBAC

i think TBAC started out with the idea of making a precision rifle can. designed from the ground up for this purpose. anyone can slap a can together but to test and optimize takes serious dedication and work ethic to never settle for good enough. whenever i have money again, its going to a TBAC

TBAC, I was told when I was shopping, is the GOLD Standard. If you're on a budget, then get a budget suppressor. If you want accuracy and suppression, Thunder Beast is your answer.

No such thing as a first round shift, btw.

There's nothing worse than saving money on a can, only to find out six months later that you have to send it back because the rifle won't group with the can on it.

That's not saying anything specifically against DTA, but I have neither seen nor experienced that problem with TBA. Ever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Enough Said</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TBAC, I was told when I was shopping, is the GOLD Standard. If you're on a budget, then get a budget suppressor. If you want accuracy and suppression, Thunder Beast is your answer.

No such thing as a first round shift, btw.
</div></div>

With some suppressors there is such a thing... thats why you must put in the research and read a lot of reviews.

I don't know a lot of suppressor brands but when I asked my dealer what to get he said your getting a TBAC. Had it for about two years and people still comment on how quite it is (except that one old man who thinks they are pointless and has to remark on everything). Never have had a first round shift with it.

KYS is right. Most cans do have it. I'll leave it up to the TBA folks to comment on whether a stone cold TBA can has it or not. We have to be realistic here folks.

First round shift can occur with cans that do not have FRS for reasons other than the can, like a cold clean barrel, first hand fed round vs auto fed round, etc. etc.

The good thing is folks are finally asking about accuracy and not wasting as much time on dB numbers.

DTA can targets are what are needed. I've seen enough superb TBA targets shot by qualified folks.

We've never seen one with our can that was not attributable to the rifle -- in other words, the rifle had a first round shift without a suppressor. Neither Shane's, Ray's, nor my competition rifles have first round shift. That would just kill us at match where you have 10 or 60 or whatever "first rounds" per day.