• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dual nox 18mm, a different way…

Jgunner

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 29, 2019
    Arizona
    So i have 2 nox 18’s and would love a simple solution for binos.

My mind went to working when i saw a thread on here on panobridge. I clicked on their website and noticed they had nox mounts, so i reached out to them. Turns out they had nox mounts and i could order 2.

Well my gear was spread out, due to a move and finally got it all in one place. I played with the panobridge briefly with dual pvs14’s and it was awesome. They overlap visually, give a wider fov. Got me hoping 2 nox was possible and would work the same.

So i put the mounts on the bridge, got em installed and phished wires to the 10k battery packs temporarily.

Well, yes they fit, yes they pano or go strait. However my mind sees the two screens separately compared to the pvs. If i run them strait, i can get one image, but no wider fov than one at a time and the ocular lense is offset(wider) than my eyes(we knew that was happening).

About to go out and play on a golf course with it rigged as duals, play with it, however i think its a failed experiment. Any splaying at all results into two images. Not sure why a pvs and a nox differ in this way, maybe it is the shape of the lenses/screens?
    F07E4097-03AC-42D4-BF64-6FA6DB72BC64.jpeg
    AE7914B1-AAED-4FB6-BE2F-D31704116DFB.jpeg

Will the pano allow you to flip the left hand nox over? If you have both battery compartments to the outside the ipd should be better.
    Their mount connects to the dovetail screw hole. I might talk to the owner and see if he can print the other side and see if that works. The owner seems happy to help with innovation and feedback, which he asked for.

After wearing them spread so that the images of each are barely touching, not overlapping, its usable, and not really annoying. I can reach the buttons on the right without too much interference. Fov is nice, but i am not sure how well it will work while driving, which is primarily what i am looking for. It may take a few weeks before i get to so that as i am in the middle of a move.

Confused about this still. The dovetail can be mounted to either side (the railgrabber to only one side, yes) so how can the panobridge screw mount not attach to the opposite side?
    On the panobridge mount its a pocket, ill have to take the weapon mount side and see if its possible.

Reactions: shoobe01
    nuc'ing two seperate units constantly would suck i think.. especially if you cant get to the nuc button easy on one of them.