• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Training Courses Dual-Role Carbine Class 11/11-12, 2017

tex68w

Mister Bevilaqua
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 10, 2017
    I have been working with Jack Leuba of Knights Armament on hosting a Dual Role Carbine Class. This class will be held in Victoria, TX, located two hours south of Houston/Austin/San Antonio on Veterans Day weekend, Saturday November 11th and Sunday November 12th, 2017. We have to cap the class at 12 students, as of this moment we have eleven slots filled leaving one available opening for attendees, I will update this number here in this post as the class fills. The remaining spots will be filled based on date/time stamp in IM or email on a first come, first serve basis and your payment holds your place in the class. Upon filling the class I will send out an email containing further information about travel options and accommodations in the Victoria area for those attending, along with further details about the location/facilities, waivers, and class schedule. Please direct any and all questions/comments/concerns to myself at tex68w at gmail dot com.

For those of you who don't know who Jack is (not sure how that's possible), here's a link to his bio on KAC's website. Jack Leuba Bio

Dual Role Carbine Training

This course is designed to teach students the effective employment of modern heavy carbines and battle rifles with variable powered optics from contact/ CQB distances out to 600m +. Emphasis is placed on fundamentals of marksmanship, achieving an effective zero, and practical field positions - all focused on extended distance success. This course builds on the
    Designated Marksman rifle/ concept; adding the capabilities of a more terminally effective caliber and modern low powered variable optics to boost performance and effectiveness.

Equipment:
    The concept of the Dual Use Carbine is centered on a modern Battle Rifle/ Heavy Carbine such as a 16" 308 semi auto w/ a low to mid powered variable optic. Other setups and optics can certainly work as well. We've had students bring 18" and 16" 5.56 guns, 308 semi-autos other than AR types and guns with mid-variable optics - such as 2.5/3.5 -10 (though we would recommend a backup/ offset red dot type sight for these for the close-up stuff). If you have any questions about your setup, just ask.

In addition to rifle and optic, please have a means to carry 2-3 magazines on your person and a good sling.
    Rear bags and bipods will also be very helpful.
    A phone or platform for ballistics software.
    Tools for your scope
    Other items that can be useful, but not necessary are weather stations (i.e. Kestrels), rangefinders, spotting scopes, shooting mats, snacks, UTVs, helos etc...again, any questions ask.

Round Count:
    Bring at least 400 rounds of match ammo, and 400 rounds of blaster ammo.

Cost:
    $400 per person to be paid ASAP upon claiming your spot, your money holds your place in the class. Funds preferred via PayPal FF/Gift or add 3.5% for fees to tex68w at gmail dot com.

ONE spot left!!!

Last edited:
    Class is full!

Last edited: