• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Duck Hunting Pics 21/22

NFAJohn

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 7, 2018
East Bernard, Texas
I didn’t see a duck hunting picture thread, figured I can’t be the only one

Tx early Teal21
E976F004-FE12-4467-A0A1-059C3FB33BA8.jpeg
Big duck opener today
8F32F571-5BD2-4A14-9E38-6AF1A68F2DA3.jpeg

Attachments

• FE9B7E94-E651-4E50-9FC4-1A63BEF52B4D.jpeg
    FE9B7E94-E651-4E50-9FC4-1A63BEF52B4D.jpeg
    843.3 KB · Views: 28
Took advantage of the Veterans/AD early day in Oklahoma last Saturday to jump and down a couple of Wood Ducks in the creek just below my house. I'm not a duck hunter, but I'm trying to gather a good example of each species that visit the ranch for my wall.

I'm proud of myself for stopping at just these two with another shell still in my gun. Last year I jumped and downed three Ring-necks and had to eat two...and I'm not a huge fan of the taste of duck. It is so hard to stop shooting when you still have shells in the gun and birds flying...I’ve conditioned myself with hog hunting to go until they make it to cover, or you're out of ammo.

Screenshot_20211106-090200_Gallery.jpg

Took advantage of the Veterans/AD early day in Oklahoma last Saturday to jump and down a couple of Wood Ducks in the creek just below my house. I'm not a duck hunter, but I'm trying to gather a good example of each species that visit the ranch for my wall.

I'm proud of myself for stopping at just these two with another shell still in my gun. Last year I jumped and downed three Ring-necks and had to eat two...and I'm not a huge fan of the taste of duck. It is so hard to stop shooting when you still have shells in the gun and birds flying...I’ve conditioned myself with hog hunting to go until they make it to cover, or you're out of ammo.

View attachment 7737648
Thankfully woodies eat good! Ya thermal hunting has made me a run it till it’s dry guy myself lol.

One of the tricks I’ve always used when cooking duck or geese is to soak it in sprite overnight before seasoning it. After an overnight soak there is a sheen ontop of the sprite that looks like an oil sheen. Even my picky ass sister in law will eat it lol

Reactions: diggler1833