• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Duck season should be a lot longer

Remsen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2006
Northern California (occupied)
Caught this drake and hen departing from the pool this morning...

IMG_1086.jpg

Re: Duck season should be a lot longer

boy no kidding. This is the first year that I have duck hunted in Nor Cal. Man I had a blast! Even managed to connect on a few quakers!

-c

Even though this past season was pretty bad overall, there were some days where the hunting was great. Hopefully we get some better weather up north this fall. I was not amused that I was coming back from the blind with a sunburn for most of the season.

drake and a hen. you checked the yard for a nest?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">drake and a hen. you checked the yard for a nest?</div></div>
Yep, two years ago we had a bunch of ducklings in the pool. last year we had a nest that the hen abandoned after about 2 weeks. I walk the yard to look for the nests now to make sure that if there are eggs the hen is not disturbed.

There are a bunch of ponds where I am at and they are loaded with ducks. Bunch of honkers with lots of goslings as well. Come on October!