• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

dumb question on magnetospeed

Powder_Burns

Shoutbox Veteran
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 4, 2009
    Colorado
    Could I run a magnetospeed at 3:00 or 9:00 on my rifle? I have a bipod mounted underneath, its a 15” handguard with a 16” barrel so the strappy thing is out. I could shoot off a tripod and mount it at 6:00, but then I’d have to pull the bipod off.

Could I run a magnetospeed at 3:00 or 9:00 on my rifle? I have a bipod mounted underneath, its a 15” handguard with a 16” barrel so the strappy thing is out. I could shoot off a tripod and mount it at 6:00, but then I’d have to pull the bipod off.
    Yes. It doesn’t matter what clock position

I thought it would work but I’m not real familiar with that tool, used a shooting chrony beta master for the last decade or so. Midway is selling the v3 kit for $340, with the pic rail adapter for $25 that comes out to $365...didn’t want to pull the trigger on my credit card if this wouldn’t work. My other option was to get a longer barrel, which I might end up doing anyway if I can’t get enough mv out of the 16” bbl. I’ve been digging quite the hole with this .308, got the rifle for $600 and already dropped another $600 on furniture and trigger, and another $800 on reloading tools for it, looking at a $500 barrel and a $365 chrono setup, $150 for a 20moa mount, still haven’t bought powder or bullets yet. 😪

I thought it would work but I’m not real familiar with that tool, used a shooting chrony beta master for the last decade or so. Midway is selling the v3 kit for $340, with the pic rail adapter for $25 that comes out to $365...didn’t want to pull the trigger on my credit card if this wouldn’t work. My other option was to get a longer barrel, which I might end up doing anyway if I can’t get enough mv out of the 16” bbl. I’ve been digging quite the hole with this .308, got the rifle for $600 and already dropped another $600 on furniture and trigger, and another $800 on reloading tools for it, looking at a $500 barrel and a $365 chrono setup, $150 for a 20moa mount, still haven’t bought powder or bullets yet. 😪
    Rookie numbers. You gotta bump those up

Yes it will work at any position, but you need to consider muzzle blast if you have a brake.

Last edited:
    Its a .308 with an A2 birdcage on for now. When stamp arrives it will have an omega on, then I can do the strappy deal. Just need something for now so I can shoot this thing without giving all my money to federal.