• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing DUMB QUESTION

Re: DUMB QUESTION

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JACQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When installing an canted base the high part goes towards the rear correct?

sorry for the dumb question i am just second guessing myself... i know i am going to get hammered for this one. </div></div>

HA!
grin.gif
Me thinks you might have answered your own question pard. Yes towards the rear.Otherwise i dont think the screw holes will line up. But i dont know cause i've never mounted one backwards?

Dare I say it,,, the big part goes to the rear (the not noisy end) because then you get more clearance for the bigger end of the scope (at the not noisy end)

smile.gif

I'm sorry, I had too....

smile.gif

At least you had the nuts to ask!
wink.gif

Although you probably could have looked a pictures of some of the Great rifles posted here... and the screw holes probably wouldn't have lined up.