• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Dune: Part Two

godofthunder

Sergeant
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2013
Nebraska
www.rustynutsdesigns.com
Saw Dune: Part Two last Thursday night. I'll give it a 9.8/10.

Really all I look for in a movie is "was I entertained?" so I'm easy to please in that regard. The storyline and character development was great. Actually seeing it in theater, I believe, takes it up a notch. What they're able to achieve cinematically and with their sound effects made it quite an experience. You don't feel like your'e watching a giant CGI fest like some of these modern sci-fi flicks.

I would argue it's the best sci-fi movie I have seen, maybe ever, and easily in my top 10 movies all time.

Didn't see it. Read the hard cover in 1966. Gonna give the movie a 0/10.

The central evil character in the book was a backstabbing homosexual sadist Barron Harkonen. Have read reviews celebrating the success of the rainbow assholes in forcing the removal the most negative aspects of this character.

I'll remember it the way the author wrote it not the way Hollywood rewrote it. That's me. You be you.

Liked the original back in ‘84, but the new remake(s) follow the books a lot more closely.

Loved part one; so much so that we saw part two at a midnight showing the night before it's official release on 1 March. Walked out only feeling OK about it… better than “meh”, but not great.

I think I’d built it up in my mind for so long, especially with the delayed release, that anything would have disappointed.

Saw it a second time last weekend and came away liking it a whole lot more; truly enjoyed it this time. Will likely see it again before it leaves theaters. Unlike the original movie that wrapped everything up with a neat and tidy little Hollywood ending, this series clearly left a lot of doors open for a part 3…and beyond.

Should be good!

All I ask for in a movie…or show, or song, is to be entertained. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, I’m well aware most actors these days are leftists, or outright commies, and their time will come, but in the meantime I just want to enjoy my bread and circuses! LoL

Everything can be turned to a political bent, but not everything should. Sometimes it’s ok to enjoy someone else’s work in the form of art. I think John Adams was on to something:

IMG_5950.jpeg

have read it maybe 6 times? so,am familiar with the story line. i felt #1 was a good try. i was very annoyed that keynes was portrayed as a homo black. in the book kynes was chani's father. i doubt about the films is that #1 only covered about the 1st 1/4-1/3 of the book. i will see #2 for sure but i fear that the story will be very abbreviated and will leave out much that is significant.
the sci stuff was well done in #1. some here have criticized the actress playing chani. IMHO she was perfect. a hostile desert environment will not produce a woman that looks like. pamela anderson,raquel welch or demi moore.
yea,if you focus on an entertainers politics,you will miss stuff. that is your right to boycott them with your own $s. i have a hard time with that. not so much in movies but in music: fleetwood,jefferson,santana,knopler i can't get away from. their poly sucks,but... i see very,very few "new" movies
and don't watch most actors stuff because of their politics.
IMHO "dune" should be at least 3 movies like "lord of the rings". that got the whole story pretty much,pretty well. best movie ever from a huge and complex story.

While it seems to follow Hollywood formula for 'the hero's journey', the way Villeneuve left it Dune Messiah could really be a shocker, as Paul is not really the hero. I mean, he's responsible for the sterilization of 9 worlds and 61 billion deaths with his jihad.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Wife knows I'm huge fan of the cult classic from 84.
Pestered me last week to go see the next one.
Told her no thanks, she isn't a fan anyway.

Dune '21 was a woke ass snooze fest.
You could tell me part 2 made your heart sing and cotton candy farts shoot out your ass, and I still wouldn't go see it.
I'm done with enabling the faggotry and communism.

Unless I watched a different part 1 Keynes wasn't "homo black". Paul states that he knows that she loved a fremen warrior and lost him in battle.

This however doesn't fix the issue of Keynes being Chani's father though. Of course I liked Von Sydow in the role, but I liked this actress as well.

Haven't seen 2 yet. Waiting for streaming.

Likely never going out to a theater again unless it's a drive in. Need some separation from people the older I get

It's soooo worth the wait. Since you obviously know the book, you know why this part is so much more exciting than the first one. There are some changes that bother me* but they don't ruin it at all. By the time Paul decides to go south, it's so damned good. And this is easily the best Feyd I've seen so far...

* Thufir Hawat is basically MIA, no time jump after the battle with Jamis which has implications for Alia

Lynch himself hates his version of Dune. It's way too much comic book for me. Having read the books right before that movie came out I hated it, but it's worth re-watching just for the campiness.

If you get a chance to watch either one on IMAX, take it.