• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Duplicate, delete.

My thoughts on your list:
1) Nightforce ATACR, 4-16 & 4-20: Great scopes, 4-20 has limited FOV at bottom
2) Leupold Mk5HD 3.6-18: Good scope, 44mm objective limits low light work. 35mm tube limits mount options. Expensive illumination option.
3) Kahles K318i: Kahles K318i is a great scope but pretty narrow FOV really limits its usability.
4) Razor G2 3-18 & 4.5-27 (thinking these are too heavy): I agree, too heavy for what you want
5) ZCO 420 (not sure I need to spend this for what I'm looking to accomplish).: ZCO 4-20 is the best ultra short out IMO. 36mm tube limits mount options.

Other scopes to consider:
There are a bunch and I'm sure you'll get a dozen recommendations, for 500 yards and in you can get away with 10x on top, no issue. New Steiner T6Xi 3-18x56 is worth checking out. Too early to tell how well it will perform as it was just released, but looks promising.

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about the NX8 4-32? Knowing that might help us narrow down some choices.

Reactions: CSTactical
My thoughts on your list:
1) Nightforce ATACR, 4-16 & 4-20: Great scopes, 4-20 has limited FOV at bottom
2) Leupold Mk5HD 3.6-18: Good scope, 44mm objective limits low light work. 35mm tube limits mount options. Expensive illumination option.
3) Kahles K318i: Kahles K318i is a great scope but pretty narrow FOV really limits its usability.
4) Razor G2 3-18 & 4.5-27 (thinking these are too heavy): I agree, too heavy for what you want
5) ZCO 420 (not sure I need to spend this for what I'm looking to accomplish).: ZCO 4-20 is the best ultra short out IMO. 36mm tube limits mount options.

Other scopes to consider:
There are a bunch and I'm sure you'll get a dozen recommendations, for 500 yards and in you can get away with 10x on top, no issue. New Steiner T6Xi 3-18x56 is worth checking out. Too early to tell how well it will perform as it was just released, but looks promising.

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about the NX8 4-32? Knowing that might help us narrow down some choices.
Thanks for the feedback! To me the NX8 is a great scope, it is just not easy to get behind with its unforgiving eyebox. Especially once the Magnification gets dialed up. I really don't need or use more than 20x, so I'll happily give that up for a more balanced package in terms of FOV and Eye Box.

^^^ Thank you, that helps. You are on the right track, all the scopes you list should offer better eyebox experience vs. the NX8. Given your desired use case, I still think the Steiner T6Xi 3-18x56 makes for a very compelling choice.