• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Duplicolor Brake Caliper/Disc Paint

Strykervet

ain'T goT no how whaTchamacalliT
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2011
    Pierce County, WA
    I needed to paint a .22 SS barrel dull black, no baking involved, and I wanted something other than grill paint which just isn't as tough as I wanted, it flakes too easy. So instead of getting the engine block paint (resistant to heat, fuel and oil) I got the fuel, oil and chemical resistant brake caliper and disc paint for $1 more. It will do everything the engine block paint would do but it also has ceramic in it and looks a lot like Cerakote with multiple thin coats.

This is a good alternative to other coatings like KG, etc., when you can't or don't want to bake it and can't or don't want to have it finished properly. I didn't want to cook my new Kidd receiver or integral suppressor assembly at 350deg. for 1 hour, though it would probably have been okay. When I got it home and used it though, I was really impressed for a spray paint! It's why I'm bothering writing about it.

This stuff is tough! I got some on my thumb and it had only been a minute or so but at first I didn't think it was coming off! It doesn't flake or chip easy and seems to be somewhat flexible, and adhesion and abrasion resistance are top notch. This stuff is great for a cheap, but durable black, and would also be amazing for use on E-tools, etc.

I only saw three different blacks, gloss, semi-gloss and low gloss, and there was gloss red. Not sure what other colors it may come in, but since it's for brakes I doubt many. It would be great if they made a camo line with this formula, it really would. It would take Krylon'ing a rifle to a whole different level.

Last edited:
    Reactions: [email protected]
    Refrigerator paint would probably also work, since it also is an epoxy based paint. We use the caliper paint for some of our stuff that is going to be bolted to a ship's deck for a few months at sea. The stuff holds up well...