• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Duracoat multicam project

mdmp5

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2009
    So I tried out my first batch of duracoat SL on my McM A3 stock on my FN SPR. I coated the entire stock in tactical OD green, and it came out very well, with the exception of a few darker spots than others. I can patch these up in some better light. I want to emulate the Eagle digital multicam scope and crown cover that I have. The tactical OD green pretty much matches the one color very well. Anyone know which other 2 colors I should use? I can't tell if the dark color is a grey or a green, and the tan looks a bit ambiguous too. Also, any advice on stencils?

ee98dfc1.jpg

Re: Duracoat multicam project

Hard to tell from the picture, but...

Coyote brown which is actually a light tan or Rhodesian tan with some flattener.

For the dark tactical black or tactical extreme grey depending on how dark you want it.

It's alomst impossible to judge colors on their site, so I got about 20 colors to see what they were. The standard colors are glossy, so you will have to flatten them down or get the tactical colors (already matte).

Re: Duracoat multicam project

Colors can look different in various lighting conditions. It's really hard to tell when you look at the duracoat colors chart on the net. I can only tell you this was taken outside in subdued light.

Duracoat colors are OD green, coyote tan and flat black. It's going on 3 years since I painted it.

FNCDI.jpg