• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Duramax tune

padronanniversary

Sergeant
Minuteman
Kennedy Diesel does awesome work for a tune on a diesel.

Let. me first say I have no affiliation. I was fed up with being stranded on a long distance trip, traveling at night in the backroads then searching for a truck stop or walmart in the middle of nowhere on Sunday night. Then the dreaded warning light comes on for stupid diesel exhaust fluid.

Not to mention this dead spot on throttle when taking off... not turbo lag but a dead spot. It’s all gone.

After the tune it’s like night and day. Completely smoothed our the shifting points, and power just keeps coming on linearly. passing people 70-80 is a dream, not stomping on pedel but smooth delivery of power.

Did I mention I was avg about 15mpg before ? I’m a tad over 20 mpg over two tanks now.

I had John install the twin lift pumps as well. Definitely a straight shooter, and learned a lot.... not to mention he probably installed it a quarter of the time it would have taken me.

Anyone thinking about a tune, do it ! I waited 2.5 years, should have done it on day one !

The thing I wonder is with a dramatic increase in mileage, I wonder how much energy and pollution it takes to actually create and produce a gallon of diesel fuel, fro start to finish including transport. Then extrapolate that over usage and time, and see which one is actually more environmentally friendly. Based on my mileage, I save over 350 gallons a year.

This is why the diesel engine for the average Situation will not be around much longer. Financially there is no reward in owning a diesel anymore.
Word has it a manufacturer will introduce a 7.0+liter 550hp+ truck engine for 2020 model year.
MPG will be less than diesel (diesels one and only advantage anymore) but initial cost will be $6000 less. Fuel will be cheaper, repairs cheaper, maintenance cheaper.
I own 2002 7.3 powerstroke, but if reports are correct i would not replace it with another diesel. (No plans to replace it, ever)

Reactions: Bender
In 2002 when I got my truck diesel fuel was $0.20 cheaper per gallon. At that point it would take driving to 110,000 miles to pay for the diesel upgarde. Currently the diesel option is $9500. With fuel being $0.25 MORE than gas you will never ever break even. Dont forget diesel repairs are 10x more than gasoline engine repairs.
Diesel is a loosing end game at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waorani and Bender
I'm a technician at a Kubota dealership and have to deal with emissions ranging from DPF to full DEF and SCR systems. Gallons per hour goes up, engine damage is a real issue, and operators don't understand how the systems work or what they need to do during a regen. Not to mention that some equipment cannot ever perform a regen due to operating environment and fire hazards.

When did using more fuel to clean up exhaust become efficient? How about making the engines run better with more power through volumetric efficiency.

Also...rolling coal is for fags.

not to mention the gas version of a 3500 or f350 whine like a girl pulling rmps. I hated that, not to mention the small gas tanks of the F series HD. Could not imagine having to fill up a few times a week with the gas mileage vs having a diesel. At least now and in the past years, i enjoy the low end toque.

The whole move to electric is such a sham. I’m in. the EV industry, and the energy it costs to produce electricity, not to mention batteries is amazing. Hell in CA there are rolling blackouts still, and imagine when more and more are on the grid. I enjoy having a cold house with AC cranked up in summers :)

I have owened several 7.3s my F-450 service truck is a go getter. I don’t really see diesels going anywhere basically all manufactures are introducing half ton diesels now, but yes they are way more expensive to work on and service but have potential to be way more fuel efficient than gas engines shoot them TDI jettas get like 60mpg they were bad ass

They WERE. Not anymore now that any diesel that has over 75HP must have a DEF injection system. Any diesel with over 25HP must have a DPF. Fuel mileage sucks on all diesels with DPF and DEF systems. And maintenance and upkeep is significantly more expensive.

not to mention the gas version of a 3500 or f350 whine like a girl pulling rmps. I hated that, not to mention the small gas tanks of the F series HD. Could not imagine having to fill up a few times a week with the gas mileage vs having a diesel. At least now and in the past years, i enjoy the low end toque.

The whole move to electric is such a sham. I’m in. the EV industry, and the energy it costs to produce electricity, not to mention batteries is amazing. Hell in CA there are rolling blackouts still, and imagine when more and more are on the grid. I enjoy having a cold house with AC cranked up in summers :)
Changes are coming

In 1905 they said gas engines would NEVER replace the horse and buggy. Adapt or get brushed aside.
Whether you like it or not electric is absolutely the future.
Study this and tell me you are NOT a little intrigued. I need a 800 mile range. Other than that I would be a buyer ASAP. True 4 wheel drive with no lockers, think about that if nothing else.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/26...electric-pickup-price-specs-la-auto-show-2018