• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dusty, Grimey Tater Tots, Gamechangers, Schmediums? Is support bag cleaning a thing?

Hotshot001

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2022
UK
Back home from a dusty as heck match last weekend and my support bag is more than coated in the stuff. Super fine dust where the range was constructed from mining spoil/waste and no matter what I do it seems to still be coming out of my support bag. Its completely changed the feel of the bag and I want to clean it.

Do people clean their bags? What do you guys use?

Right now all I can think to do is unstitch the original opening before it was filled, drain the sand and chuck it in the washing machine.

That worked for saving my money for matches instead of kids, but the dust has brought on a nasty rash :p

In all seriousness I’m only kinda half joking; most of the time I can either beat dust out of it like hitting rug with a tennis racket, or just run the bag under the tap with some dish soap and a scrub brush if it’s super gnarly.
Just let it dry in the sun so it doesn’t get funky afterwards

vacuum with an upholstery brush

wipe it with a microfiber cloth and simple green or some kind of mild soap

should get most of it off

I've used that upholstery cleaner in the can with the brush built in and it's worked great...Apply, brush, let dry and vacuum. The good thing about using this method is that it doesn't get your bag all soggy and take a long time to dry.

You guys clean your gamechangers?? Mine have a nice patina going. Every time I've bought a new one the first thing I do is throw it in the dirt.

Honestly through all my stuff was pretty dusty from the Idaho match a couple weeks ago. I used an air compressor to blast off the excess from backpacks, bags, gear, etc. Worked pretty well.

Reactions: b6graham
What is this "clean" of which you speak? I just knock the dirt and dust off and put 'em back in my backpack.

The uglier they are the more likely you will blend into the background. This is a feature not a bug.