• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Dvor Business Practices

DacianMH

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • So I recently purchased a Trijicon Credo 2-10x36 FFP MRAD scope through Dvor on July 28th, 2020. Received it shortly only to find that it was not the scope I had ordered. It was the MOA based variant but weirdest thing is it was inside an MRAD marked box. So I requested the RMA through their CS and a return label was issued. I shipped it back and they received it on the 6th of August. On the 13th of August I receive a store credit notice. They don’t have the scope I wanted and I requested that they either send me the correct scope I ordered or issue a refund. I have never had such poor customer service with any other scope retailer until I purchased through Dvor. I had to request a charge back through my credit card company so hopefully I’ll have some resolution that’s acceptable because Dvor keeping my money after not being able to fulfill the order seems like theft to me. Opinions? Similar experiences? Share if you’ve had a similar experience with Dvor or OpticsPlanet.

Attachments

• 7B8F6C1C-7821-4C7B-AB91-EB4EFE2F7A95.jpeg
      7B8F6C1C-7821-4C7B-AB91-EB4EFE2F7A95.jpeg
      250.1 KB · Views: 47
    • 8BA21124-8FC1-43B4-BFCE-6BDF44824EEC.png
      8BA21124-8FC1-43B4-BFCE-6BDF44824EEC.png
      546.2 KB · Views: 50
    • 1A0291AD-8091-4049-B901-C03E8909C12C.jpeg
      1A0291AD-8091-4049-B901-C03E8909C12C.jpeg
      72.5 KB · Views: 50
    • 67F504D5-1BF6-457B-B759-E23B90F10EE5.jpeg
      67F504D5-1BF6-457B-B759-E23B90F10EE5.jpeg
      226.1 KB · Views: 53
    • E5536824-33D1-4D4C-82FB-BB4FAE323035.png
      E5536824-33D1-4D4C-82FB-BB4FAE323035.png
      556.8 KB · Views: 54
    My advice? Keep the MOA scope.. Everyone knows MOA is a finer adjustment than MIL and thus better.

:ROFLMAO: (I just had to...)

Seriously... vendor problems suck and I don't wish them on anyone - unless I hate you or you owe me money. I hope you get it worked out and get your cash back. Hopefully you read the fine print and they did not have a clause that gives them the right to give store credit and you unknowingly agreed to it.

Sample of one - I have had several years of purchases with OpticsPlanet with no issues. I have never hear of Dvor.

My personal take is anyone with a PC and a cell phone with internet can be a vendor in today's world. I would rather pay more to a known vendor with a good rep in the industry and/or my social group. Chasing the cheapest possible price can get expensive when things go wrong.

I am naturally risk adverse, so I may miss out on some great deals, but that's the price I am willing pay.

Anyway, I hope you get it resolved quickly.

Reactions: DacianMH
    My advice? Keep the MOA scope.. Everyone knows MOA is a finer adjustment than MIL and thus better.

Seriously... vendor problems suck and I don't wish them on anyone - unless I hate you or you owe me money. I hope you get it worked out and get your cash back. Hopefully you read the fine print and they did not have a clause that gives them the right to give store credit and you unknowingly agreed to it.

Sample of one - I have had several years of purchases with OpticsPlanet with no issues. I have never hear of Dvor.

My personal take is anyone with a PC and a cell phone with internet can be a vendor in today's world. I would rather pay more to a known vendor with a good rep in the industry and/or my social group. Chasing the cheapest possible price can get expensive when things go wrong.

I am naturally risk adverse, so I may miss out on some great deals, but that's the price I am willing pay.

Oh it’ll get worked out...not my first time requesting a charge back on a scam deal and coming out in top.

Its worth a try and i would call them, but being Optics Planet you will probably have to call your CC company to get anything done.

View attachment 7397983

View attachment 7397986
    Hahah thanks for the memes, hilarious! Yeah I went ahead and requested a charge back since they are NOT answering calls at this time so says their messaging machine. Have all the proof I need that in their response email that stated it was returned they offered two options. Exchange or refund...none of which I received.

Well the MOA scope was returned but I intended on running the Mil system because it’s easier to range with formula wise without having to run a calculator in the field. At least this has been my experience.

I argued with them over about ten e-mails when I got a demo scope with no sunshade. They told me its not guaranteed with demos. I sent them the add, that said includes Demo box and all accsoreis including sun shade. Back and forth, back and forth. They told me those parts are not guaranteed with demo optics. I asked them to show me in the add where it said that.{It didn't} Back and forth back and forth. I told them no reasonable person would read that add, and expect those items to not be included. Then I queried if their emails were true, or if the add was a false advertisement. Then they offered to send me a 50 dollar gift certificate to shut me up. It worked. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: Could have saved themselves some head aches.

I argued with them over about ten e-mails when I got a demo scope with no sunshade. They told me its not guaranteed with demos. I sent them the add, that said includes Demo box and all accsoreis including sun shade. Back and forth, back and forth. They told me those parts are not guaranteed with demo optics. I asked them to show me in the add where it said that.{It didn't} Back and forth back and forth. I told them no reasonable person would read that add, and expect those items to not be included. Then I queried if their emails were true, or if the add was a false advertisement. Then they offered to send me a 50 dollar gift certificate to shut me up. It worked. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: Could have saved themselves some head aches.
    Damn so I guess this is common with Dvor afterall...I bet the employees there are miserable and get treated like sweat-shop workers. SMH 😔

Usually a safe assumption it sucks to work somewhere, when all the employees are grumpy all the time........Unless they are all old. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah don't buy anything from Guns2Ammo.com... haven't refunded me about $260 yet and they've had the return for a long time. CC informed.

In a situation like this, with gun stuff or anything else, when my patience is gone I tell the recalcitrant vendor to either give me my refund or I will do a charge back.

I do give them clear notice that I plan to do a charge back and I almost exclusively use Amex who will indeed bring the hammer down on them.

Finance banks that offer merchant CC accounts are very sensitive to charge backs and too many charge backs will result in the vendor's fees going up or their CC account dropped.

Thanks for the notice....I do know a bit about Optics Planet but did not know that Euro Optics has similar bad CS and policies.

...recalcitrant...
    Thanks. Thanks for making me look up a word.

Seriously though today I learned something new...

re·cal·ci·trant | \ ri-ˈkal-sə-trənt \
    Definition of recalcitrant
    1: obstinately defiant of authority or restraint
    2a: difficult to manage or operate
    b: not responsive to treatment
    c: RESISTANT

Ha.

Thanks. Thanks for making me look up a word.

Seriously though today I learned something new...

re·cal·ci·trant | \ ri-ˈkal-sə-trənt \
    Definition of recalcitrant
    1: obstinately defiant of authority or restraint
    2a: difficult to manage or operate
    b: not responsive to treatment
    c: RESISTANT

Ha.
    hehehehe.....but it seems to fit Devor in the OPs situation. LOL

What is slightly humorous is in my professional career (finally over, thank god) I read and wrote much more than I spoke and while I kind of/sort of know the word and spell check fixes me up, I often have no idea how to pronounce them and was always embarrassing myself with verbal gaffes (but not like fucking "what's my name, again?" Biden.....just had to get that in there haha)

I had a friend...haven't spoken to him in quite some time, who would be the middle man in setting up merchant accounts for online vendors with finance banks and he was always going on about how his customers really reacted to charge back threats because of the very high potential impact to their business.

Cheers

Had an issue with OpticsPlanet that took months to resolve (ended with me going through the bank) but I've never heard of issues with EO. They've been nothing but great the times I've ordered/called about AI parts that MH didn't have in stock.

I ordered the same exact scope, Trijicon Credo 2-10x36 MRAD, and received mine this week. It was an MRAD box with an MRAD scope. Everything went very smoothly, took about a week from ordering to receiving it. I was cautious since they're affiliated with Opticsplanet but I can't say that I had any issues. I guess I was fortunate.

Reactions: Baron23
    hehehehe.....but it seems to fit Devor in the OPs situation. LOL

What is slightly humorous is in my professional career (finally over, thank god) I read and wrote much more than I spoke and while I kind of/sort of know the word and spell check fixes me up, I often have no idea how to pronounce them and was always embarrassing myself with verbal gaffes (but not like fucking "what's my name, again?" Biden.....just had to get that in there haha)

I had a friend...haven't spoken to him in quite some time, who would be the middle man in setting up merchant accounts for online vendors with finance banks and he was always going on about how his customers really reacted to charge back threats because of the very high potential impact to their business.

Cheers

I requested it through my CC Company so we’ll see...I was given a conditional credit on my account but I’m sure that’s only until it’s resolved. Hopefully CitiBank sees that I made the return through an approved RMA and sees that Dvor didn't complete their part of the obligation by either exchanging for the correct item or refunding me. I feel like this is a tactic Dvor uses to force you to buy with them by selling the wrong merchandise only to offer in-store credit to force your to buy with them. I’m not buying crap from them, I’m going to let the store credit sit there so that my credit card company can finish what they have to do.

I ordered the same exact scope, Trijicon Credo 2-10x36 MRAD, and received mine this week. It was an MRAD box with an MRAD scope. Everything went very smoothly, took about a week from ordering to receiving it. I was cautious since they're affiliated with Opticsplanet but I can't say that I had any issues. I guess I was fortunate.

Wish that was me.