• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

dyi dbm install HELP!

J1Rjr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2012
fort worth, tx
I just recently purchased a ptg dbm from RSW here on the hide. I decided to install it myself and it is in now. But it won't feed but only the 1st round. Anybody got any way of helping me. Its a .223 build on a budget

Re: dyi dbm install HELP!

I have to rack the bolt about 4 to 5 times for the next round to load.

I didn't mock pillars. The bc stock has the aluminum block in it. Its a medallion A2

Got it fixed. The bottom metal needed to go in higher. Mag was not far up enought

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J1Rjr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got it fixed. The bottom metal needed to go in higher. Mag was not far up enought </div></div>

that is the common issue, especially with .223 - some folks get all bummed because there rifle is not as "pretty" with the bottom metal sitting below flush

My PTG is so thick I still have it sticking out about and 1/8". But it feeds great now.

Yeah, I'm putting a PTG in a .308 right now, and have had to mill a significant amount off of the rear pillar.

I just put a PTG in my HS Precision stock. It's a .308. I mocked it all together and made sure it cycled well. I then measured from the bottom of the reciever to the top of the bottom metal with feeler gauges. I believe it was like 0.015" or so front and back near the feed area. I then started cutting the glass with the dremel, and the aluminum bedding block with the die grinder and a carbide. Go slow and keep test fitting.

Here's how mine turned out after a quick paint job. I don't think it's too bad for a manual, do it yourself, dremel and krylon job.

104_0085.jpg

104_0084.jpg

104_0068.jpg

I hate you guys who post pictures of your professional looking dremel inlet. Mine looks like I did it with a chainsaw.

;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate you guys who post pictures of your professional looking dremel inlet. Mine looks like I did it with a chainsaw.

;-) </div></div>

Sorry....best advice I have is go slow and steady. I actually did have one area that I chipped the HS stock on by slipping with the die grinder. Fortunately I had some glass laying around and touched it up. It's not always about how good of a job you initially do, it's about how well you can fix up what you boogered up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Little Z28</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate you guys who post pictures of your professional looking dremel inlet. Mine looks like I did it with a chainsaw.

;-) </div></div>

Sorry....best advice I have is go slow and steady. I actually did have one area that I chipped the HS stock on by slipping with the die grinder. Fortunately I had some glass laying around and touched it up. It's not always about how good of a job you initially do, it's about how well you can fix up what you boogered up. </div></div>

Yeah, I have a little thing of Devcon coming Monday. It'll look pretty soon enough.

That's a good job. I will have some filling to do myself, as well. My 308 went to the gunsmith to see if he could do better with a seekins but ended up being the same issue. Pic up as soon as I am done moving

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate you guys who post pictures of your professional looking dremel inlet. Mine looks like I did it with a chainsaw.

;-) </div></div>

You're not alone. I did one of those Hogue rubber stocks recently, and it wasn't pretty.
wink.gif

Yeah that rubber doesn't like being messed with too much. That's why I went with the bc