• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing E-caller choices

levi8599

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2012
AZ
Looking at getting one for coyotes. I was thinking either the

icotec GC500 gen 2 or the
lucky duck rebel
western rivers Fred Eichler series

Any opinions or personal experience?

I'm a FoxPro guy myself and would highly suggest you put them at the top of your list. I've got two of them and they're 100% reliable even in -20 degree temps. With any e-caller however, always be proficient with and carry back-up mouth calls. Hand calling is an essential skill to the coyote hunter.

I also have a FoxPro, great call. Mine has also been 100% reliable down to 20°F or maybe a bit below. I did a bunch of research when I got mine, and ended up with FoxPro and have always been happy with the decision.

IMO top 3 buy once cry once in no particular order......these are the best IMO because of the quality of sound they will produce the size of the callers for packing and the remotes they each utilize which can be helpful at all times but even more so at night should that be part of your hunting....i have the Shockwave.....Good Luck :cool:

1) X2S Fox Pro
2) Shockwave Fox Pro
3) Roughneck Lucky Duck

Reactions: levi8599
What’s the lowest I should go on a fox pro if not wanting to spend $500

What’s the lowest I should go on a fox pro if not wanting to spend $500
I have the patriot, which was a good pick for me as the varmint hunting thing did not stick. I now use it as a deer call more than anything. No problems with that call, so anything at that price or above should be ok. The remote on the patriot is basic, but it works for my needs.

Reactions: levi8599
I have the FoxPro Fusion and have liked it to this point. 2 seasons with it so far

Reactions: Simonsza1
I have the luckyduck roughneck and a foxpro shockwave.

Roughneck: very compact, lightweight, great sound/volume, stock sounds are great. Remote has been a little finnicky and not 100 percent reliable. More than once i have had to turn the power off in the middle of a set to be able change sounds/volume.

shockwave: good sound/ ok volume. Seems more durable thatn the roughneck. Has performed as it should 100 percent of the time.

My go to call is the roughneck, im glad i still have the shockwave though because i will probably need it when my roughneck breaks

I also have the foxpro fusion. I think I’m 5 years with it maybe even more. Works like a champion every time. I do use my mouth calls much more though but it is great to have an ecaller and using it in conjunction with mouth calls. Good affordable mouth calls are the ruffidog calls. Also Medina calls makes a awesome howler.

Any of you guys use an external speaker for your caller? I’ve got a foxpro (inferno I think) and it just doesn’t seem very loud

Any of you guys use an external speaker for your caller? I’ve got a foxpro (inferno I think) and it just doesn’t seem very loud
I use one with my foxpro shockwave when its windy