• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision E-COTI v Breech v China Skeet

CoryT

Gunsite Rangemaster
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 5, 2004
    Paulden, AZ
    www.gunsite.com
    So, relative merits between systems?

COTI only works mounted to an I2 device, the standalone capability is pretty poor at best. True fusion, potential HUD if CIV-ATAK ever works with it. Good remote battery.

Breech works head mounted or handheld, can be bridged with a 14. Seems decent detection to 300m or so, multiple pallets/modes to select. Poor factory support though, no remote battery that I know of.

IRay probably has the best view, can also be bridged. Factory support/reliability open to question, but I've not seen many complaints. No remote battery.

Leaning to the IRay, though the price on the Breech seems attractive. I've only looked through a Breech for a couple minutes during a demo here a couple years back, only view of the IRay is vids and pics through the lens. I've used the COTI and E-COTI a bit. COTI is just OK, E-COTI is pretty nice.

I've got an IR-Patrol M300W with a 3x lens complete kit with clip-on software, so I don't really need weapon sight capabilities. Price not being a limitation (not Horta budget, getting one, not two of each), what's the consensus?

N-Vision NOX. Quality, excellent factory support, excellent rechargeable battery option, weapon mountable should your needs change.

Reactions: Eliteuas
    Dual MH25 battery pack.jpg

Why not just bridge your M300? It’s a far better thermal than any of the others mentioned. If you get the Wilcox Skeetir dual bridge you can flip one side so that they’ll be the same distance since the M300 is a little longer. Just get the longer Wilcox arm that’s meant for use with glasses and you’re good to go.

Between those I’d probably pick a Coti.