• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

E-form question

prairiefire

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2010
Nebraska
Probably a stupid question, but how do I go about filing an e-form to SBR an AR? Is this an online thing that I can access?

Probably a stupid question, but how do I go about filing an e-form to SBR an AR? Is this an online thing that I can access?
Go to the atf efile website. Fill out a profile and form 1’s take about 30 minutes to complete. Some decent walk through videos on YouTube to walk you through them

Both mine took about 26 days to approve. Latest was within last couple months.

Then you’ll need to mail prints with a cover letter they have you print off

Reactions: Vortex1
Registration leads to…hmm….don’t think it was a free raffle ticket.

Good luck and god speed to your dog.

Do you buy anything online? Ammo, parts, guns, etc?

Do you post pictures of your firearms on here and anywhere else?

Do you use credit cards in gun stores or for any gun/ammo related purchases?

Are all your purchases private party or have you done 4473's?

Do you have a phone/car with GPS that you drive to gun stores, ranges, etc?

The atf recently admitted it has nearly 1 billion firearm transaction records dating back to 1968.

I have news for you, you're already on a list and they probably have an idea of what you own.

The atf recently admitted it has nearly 1 billion firearm transaction records dating back to 1968.

I have news for you, you're already on a list and they probably have an idea of what you own.

His loss, our gain. One less dude to clock up the approval process.

There’s a large difference between those stale records and what’s required on a form 1, I don’t think my current address is even on a single 4473

But that argument is silly anyways, like having a grease fire in a pan and flinging it on all the curtains because you have a fire anyways, or the military switching to blaze orange because someone once saw someone while they were wearing camo.

The goal is to work on minimizing your profile when it comes to threats, not throwing your hands in the air and giving up.

Reactions: Arc Light
There’s a large difference between those stale records and what’s required on a form 1, I don’t think my current address is even on a single 4473

But that argument is silly anyways, like having a grease fire in a pan and flinging it on all the curtains because you have a fire anyways, or the military switching to blaze orange because someone once saw someone while they were wearing camo.

The goal is to work on minimizing your profile when it comes to threats, not throwing your hands in the air and giving up.
I agree and we think alike. This is why I have refused to apply for a concealed weapons permit (don't need one anyway) or purchase an NFA item.

But, I finally gave in last month and purchased my first suppressor. Figured they already know who I am and where I live from recent gun purchases, but it took years for me to finally give in. Maybe it will come back to bite me in the ass, we'll see.

I agree and we think alike. This is why I have refused to apply for a concealed weapons permit (don't need one anyway) or purchase an NFA item.

But, I finally gave in last month and purchased my first suppressor. Figured they already know who I am and where I live from recent gun purchases, but it took years for me to finally give in. Maybe it will come back to bite me in the ass, we'll see.

I agree, the only thing I will say is getting a permit on a state level is a little safer, as other states and the fed is less likely to pull the data, same reason it’s nice to have your car in one state, license in a different state, and be driving in a different state from the above two. One great benefit of the US is our states, using them wisely is helpful

Reactions: Arc Light

Once you get it in your hands, it will all be worth it. Might as well start saving now for the second third and fourth suppressor you’ll be buying.

Not really, the only difference is they have a picture and finger prints. I assume you have an ID with a picture on it or a passport already anyway.

I'll enjoy shooting suppressed and not be paranoid about something they can already figure out (that I have a bunch of guns and ammo).

They can figure out pretty much anything they want about you if they really wanted to. From pulling the data from payment processors (some already willingly provide it), banks, to your GPS locations history, your web history, social media, etc.

Doesn't have your current address lol. With the amount of info that's on an old 4473 I could find out your current address in under a minute. Hell with just your name, age and state you live in as a civilian I could tell you a ridiculous amount of information about yourself and all of your family members. Anything that is public record I (or anyone) can find. All current or previous properties, phone numbers, emails, years you've bought hunting/fishing licenses, criminal history, etc. That's just as a random person. They have access to significantly more info. If they really wanted to they can figure out pretty much everything about you.

Not really, the only difference is they have a picture and finger prints. I assume you have an ID with a picture on it or a passport already anyway.

I'll enjoy shooting suppressed and not be paranoid about something they can already figure out (that I have a bunch of guns and ammo).

They can figure out pretty much anything they want about you if they really wanted to. From pulling the data from payment processors (some already willingly provide it), banks, to your GPS locations history, your web history, social media, etc.

Doesn't have your current address lol. With the amount of info that's on an old 4473 I could find out your current address in under a minute. Hell with just your name, age and state you live in as a civilian I could tell you a ridiculous amount of information about yourself and all of your family members. Anything that is public record I (or anyone) can find. All current or previous properties, phone numbers, emails, years you've bought hunting/fishing licenses, criminal history, etc. That's just as a random person. They have access to significantly more info. If they really wanted to they can figure out pretty much everything about you.

You’re watching too much CSI, go watch the first 48 lol

Sure, there is info out there, but limiting how much more is good, also legit registering a firearm just feels wrong, and yes I know the 4473 has always been a registry

Get your finger prints and pass port style photo done before you submit the form1 efile. You will only have 10 days to get the prints to the atf after the form is submitted

Registration leads to…hmm….don’t think it was a free raffle ticket.

Good luck and god speed to your dog.
Just to try and alieve your paranoia perhaps think about this. I worked a state.gov job over 30 years, plus 5 at a federal level where my prints were on file, pictures etc., over and over again ie; "updates". The Feds do NOT need your permission to access your bank accounts, credit files or anything linked to your SS #, thinking so is naive to the extreme. In my federal gig when the request for a credit check I told them my credit was "frozen" they stated unequivocally "no problem we have access". They know or have access to your entire life, no joke. With that out of the way, I was frequently assigned to a detail where the SS was involved. With only me knowing I had NFA property I always wondered, do they look into the database? it would have to come up. Nope, zero/nada EVER and I'm thinking how could they not cross reference and I would have been bumped from the detail?? My conclusion is, they don't really give a shit who you are and what you own until they do, as in current affairs where they might look into your political and "social media" proclivities. (I have zero) websites such as this not withstanding.
Stay off the radar and you will be fine. It's silly not to enjoy the NFA while you can, and once that threshold starts it wont really matter. You can't corral millions of sheep with 50 thousand sheep dogs.........

Reactions: Vortex1
. It's silly not to enjoy the NFA while you can, and once that threshold starts it wont really matter. You can't corral millions of sheep with 50 thousand sheep dogs.........
.The sheep dogs have pretty smart teeth though.

Just to try and alieve your paranoia perhaps think about this. I worked a state.gov job over 30 years, plus 5 at a federal level where my prints were on file, pictures etc., over and over again ie; "updates". The Feds do NOT need your permission to access your bank accounts, credit files or anything linked to your SS #, thinking so is naive to the extreme. In my federal gig when the request for a credit check I told them my credit was "frozen" they stated unequivocally "no problem we have access". They know or have access to your entire life, no joke. With that out of the way, I was frequently assigned to a detail where the SS was involved. With only me knowing I had NFA property I always wondered, do they look into the database? it would have to come up. Nope, zero/nada EVER and I'm thinking how could they not cross reference and I would have been bumped from the detail?? My conclusion is, they don't really give a shit who you are and what you own until they do, as in current affairs where they might look into your political and "social media" proclivities. (I have zero) websites such as this not withstanding.
Stay off the radar and you will be fine. It's silly not to enjoy the NFA while you can, and once that threshold starts it wont really matter. You can't corral millions of sheep with 50 thousand sheep dogs.........

Were you in a sealed bunker with no comms for the last 2 years?

Were you in a sealed bunker with no comms for the last 2 years?
No sir just the opposite, I'm just not paranoid and enjoy as much freedom remaining for as long as possible. I'm not as lucky as Supersubes ^^^^^ but I have what I need to have fun and enjoy my "stuff" And I also do not think hope is a plan, but to each his own.

No sir just the opposite, I'm just not paranoid and enjoy as much freedom remaining for as long as possible. I'm not as lucky as Supersubes ^^^^^ but I have what I need to have fun and enjoy my "stuff" And I also do not think hope is a plan, but to each his own.

There’s no “paranoia” massive government overreach is clear and out in the open these days, plan accordingly.

For me and my freedoms, I’ll enjoy for the rest of my life, it’s not like a fun arcade game you play till they close, freedoms are a little more certain if you’re willing to put the work in.

I agree, the only thing I will say is getting a permit on a state level is a little safer, as other states and the fed is less likely to pull the data, same reason it’s nice to have your car in one state, license in a different state, and be driving in a different state from the above two. One great benefit of the US is our states, using them wisely is helpful
Not sure if that ultimately matters. At least since 2009 (when I was patrolling), and basically as a result of 9/11, all databases are national. Any dispatcher in any state can run your plates and/or license and then go through "national" to confirm your address, SSN, etc.

Even if you don't have ID, the cops can run you on name and date of birth, and then ask you to prove who you claim to be by giving some portion of your SSN (which they got from dispatch with your name and DOB).

Not sure if that ultimately matters. At least since 2009 (when I was patrolling), and basically as a result of 9/11, all databases are national. Any dispatcher in any state can run your plates and/or license and then go through "national" to confirm your address, SSN, etc.

Even if you don't have ID, the cops can run you on name and date of birth, and then ask you to prove who you claim to be by giving some portion of your SSN (which they got from dispatch with your name and DOB).

Can a NC cop find out I have a AZ CCW?

Plus MT doesn’t have the authority to screw with a AK license

It’s not going to hide your identity, but it can insulate you a little

I also ALWAYS have my vehicles registered in LLCs, lots of cops and LE companies shitting on the 4A by running tags for no good reason, and who I am, if you don’t have reason or balls to stop me, is none of anyones business.

Reactions: Naaman

I also ALWAYS have my vehicles registered in LLCs, lots of cops and LE companies shitting on the 4A by running tags for no good reason, and who I am, if you don’t have reason or balls to stop me, is none of anyones business.
Hmm...
Not sure. In areas I'm familiar with, running a plate or a license will not yield your CCW status. In my experience, smart officers will ask if you have any weapons. In AZ, for example, a cop once very deferentially said (after asking whether I had any weapons): "Not that it's a problem. But in AZ, I just assume everyone is carrying."

Hmm...
Not sure. In areas I'm familiar with, running a plate or a license will not yield your CCW status. In my experience, smart officers will ask if you have any weapons. In AZ, for example, a cop once very deferentially said (after asking whether I had any weapons): "Not that it's a problem. But in AZ, I just assume everyone is carrying."
It would be easy enough to have dispatch make a call to AZ to check for a status.

The current laws being what they are, it certainly could be their business, as both states have reciprocity with one another with regard to CCW permits.

I disagree

It’s none of their business, and the opinion of paid off lawmakers doesn’t make it any more right.

It’s less of a “law” as it is marching orders for their enforcers.

It’s concerning if a cop was that interested, I mean I don’t ask the cop how many mags he has and what type of armor he’s got and how far his backup is when he gets near my car.

Only reason you’d want to know that is if you’re itching to start shit.

I disagree

It’s none of their business, and the opinion of paid off lawmakers doesn’t make it any more right.

It’s less of a “law” as it is marching orders for their enforcers.

It’s concerning if a cop was that interested, I mean I don’t ask the cop how many mags he has and what type of armor he’s got and how far his backup is when he gets near my car.

Only reason you’d want to know that is if you’re itching to start shit.

You cant think of any reason why a cop would check the validity or existence of a ccw permit? Doesn’t have to be a cold ask during a traffic stop. Just try and think of one.

North Carolina is one of those states where you are required to notify a police officer if you are carrying. So if you have an Arizona CCW just may come up in that conversation with a NC cop. I would bet that the patrol officer will not know off the top of his head what states have reciprocity with NC and he'd have to ask and at that point they would check to see if your AZ CCW is valid.

You cant think of any reason why a cop would check the validity or existence of a ccw permit? Doesn’t have to be a cold ask during a traffic stop. Just try and think of one.

No constitutional reason, no

Based on what the police have done over the last two years, I’d think I’d have more reason to try to get a tactical advantage than he would.

North Carolina is one of those states where you are required to notify a police officer if you are carrying. So if you have an Arizona CCW just may come up in that conversation with a NC cop. I would bet that the patrol officer will not know off the top of his head what states have reciprocity with NC and he'd have to ask and at that point they would check to see if your AZ CCW is valid.

Give it a few years and you’ll have to step out of your car and grab your ankles. For LEO “safety”. Never mind LEO is a pretty safe job per OSHA stats

Maryland does not recognize any other states CCW. I personally disagree with that but that is the law. I can have dispatch contact any state and run a CCW to verify if it is valid or not. You are also required to notify LEO that you have a CCW whether you are carrying or not. My general response is you don't reach for yours I won't reach for mine. After the stop I might ask about what they carry and chat about guns if they seem cordial.

Maryland does not recognize any other states CCW. I personally disagree with that but that is the law. I can have dispatch contact any state and run a CCW to verify if it is valid or not. You are also required to notify LEO that you have a CCW whether you are carrying or not. My general response is you don't reach for yours I won't reach for mine. After the stop I might ask about what they carry and chat about guns if they seem cordial.
This is one of those idiotic "tell on ourselves" laws that puts legislators in a revealing position:
They can't argue "officer safety" in cases where a person is not carrying.

Also, any cop worth his pay should just assume that everyone has a belt fed machine gun stashed where the sun don't shine until he verifies otherwise without violating the 4th.

This is one of those idiotic "tell on ourselves" laws that puts legislators in a revealing position:
They can't argue "officer safety" in cases where a person is not carrying.

Also, any cop worth his pay should just assume that everyone has a belt fed machine gun stashed where the sun don't shine until he verifies otherwise without violating the 4th.
The only times I have ever been concerned about them having a weapon is when they were driving impaired. Otherwise if they are legal I am good with them having a weapon. I have had a couple folks give me the heads up the weapon was in the center console or glove box with their registration or insurance paperwork. I appreciate it when they do but don't make them remove it from where it is stored.

The only times I have ever been concerned about them having a weapon is when they were driving impaired. Otherwise if they are legal I am good with them having a weapon. I have had a couple folks give me the heads up the weapon was in the center console or glove box with their registration or insurance paperwork. I appreciate it when they do but don't make them remove it from where it is stored.
In AZ, the cops I've encountered either don't ask (maybe they forget?) or when they do, they say something like, "hey, it's Arizona, just checking." The sense I get is that they are generally respectful of the 2A and what it means and what it doesn't mean.

In my experience, officer discretion can go a long way toward either a quick and painless encounter or a total disaster (department "policy" can push this toward total disaster more often then necessary, in my experience).

After my experience in Florida with an FHP trooper, if they don't ask I don't say a thing. Since I couldn't remember at the time I was pulled over the "duty to tell rule" I gave her my DL and CC Permit, when she asked if I had a gun and I said yes, 2. One in my pocket a .25 and a G19 in the glove. She proceeded to disarm me and come around and get my 19, after writing my ticket she came back with both guns unloaded and said "have a good day" Much overkill and poor policing IMO. I'm older, driving a Caddy with an Air Force plate and she disarms me?? Now when I travel which is rarely I'm more careful. Cops don't always overstep but many do as in my case and many others I'm sure, ymmv

You dont work in any sort tech field do you?

In Florida , when you get pulled over, unless it is a Felony stop and of course you will know it is as you are a Felon, they will take posession of your license and registration to their ride. Run your license and tag (10-28 /29) to dispatch, it cross references to the Florida Concealed Carry Permit database. They will know before you tell. So, just hand them the usual stuff and keep your lips sealed. IF they feel a followup interrogatory is necessary based on the road side circumstances, you will know it at the time they are returning your documents with the ticket to sign. And a road side etiquette PSA from Massad Ayoob, never ever say "gun" permit / "gun" anything.....especially if the primary officer has a partner or trainee.........all they hear is "gun" ....gun-gun-gun. That's how some get shot roadside when their is a lot of traffic noise, and the primary officer is trusting his partner's eye's for information. And stop driving a Caddy in Florida, especially north bound, it's LEO bait for tracking down stolen trunk loads of oranges.

Last edited:
You dont work in any sort tech field do you?

So make it easier for them?

You have any idea how in tech and lazy most of gov is?

I’d rather compartment and spread the least info I can, your logic is the same as why bullet proof vests make no sense…I mean someone could still shoot you in the head.

So make it easier for them?

You have any idea how in tech and lazy most of gov is?

I’d rather compartment and spread the least info I can, your logic is the same as why bullet proof vests make no sense…I mean someone could still shoot you in the head.
No, my logic is im not going to use a chain link fence to deter mosquitos. You are greatly over estimating the effects of your efforts.

Reactions: Supersubes
No, my logic is im not going to use a chain link fence to deter mosquitos. You are greatly over estimating the effects of your efforts.

It doesn’t take much more or really any more money, so if I can add a benefit, even a small one, for no extra time or money, why not?

I have already seen benefits on the automotive side, so my ROI is pretty decent, YMMV

It doesn’t take much more or really any more money, so if I can add a benefit, even a small one, for no extra time or money, why not?

I have already seen benefits on the automotive side, so my ROI is pretty decent, YMMV
Because you are depriving yourself of the best toys for no benefit.

Because you are depriving yourself of the best toys for no benefit.

A suppressor is cool, be nice on my 22LR or other stuff that’s fun subsonic, but if I have to wear ears anyways I’d rather just have a brake.

I can get damn near the same out of a “pistol” as I can a SBR.

That says the NFA is unconstitutional

A suppressor is cool, be nice on my 22LR or other stuff that’s fun subsonic, but if I have to wear ears anyways I’d rather just have a brake.

I can get damn near the same out of a “pistol” as I can a SBR.

That says the NFA is unconstitutional
its like the virgin who thinks their hand is good enough. Dont even know what you're missing :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Supersubes
its like the virgin who thinks their hand is good enough. Dont even know what you're missing :ROFLMAO:
Nah.
I've shot suppressed bolt guns, AR's and pistols a good bit, and once the initial giggles wear off the only thing I might spend my own money on would be a rimfire can.