• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eagle Ammo - 6.5 Creedmoor 140 gr. Berger Hybrids

MMH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2013
Just picked up 500 rounds of Eagle Eye ammo for a 6.5 Creedmoor. Got 140 gr. Berger Hybrids for $235 / 100 rounds. I'm just getting into 6.5 (just shot 308 & 5.56 before) and needed some brass. At that price I'd spend almost the same on components.

The brass is made by Alpha. The guy that I talked to @ Masterpiece Arms said it was like a domestic version of Lapua - I don't know. Is Alpha decent?

Also, noticed that the ammo is all small primer. What are the pros/cons of small/large primer on 6.5 Creedmoor?

Finally, I picked up 3 lbs. of Hodgdon H4350 & Hornady 147 ELD-M. My Hornady manual lists 40.9 gr. as the max load. I was planning to start with 38.4 gr. & go up to 40.9 in 0.5 gr. increments. & look for pressure signs. What are the sweet spots for H4350 in 6.5 Creed?

Eagle Eye cartridges such as you describe shot very precisely in my wife’s 6.5CM Rem700 with RemAge Criterion 28” 1:7.5 twist rate barrel.
The Alpha SRP cases are delivering excellent consistency for custom loading. I do anneal after each firing (A.M.P. Mark II). I liked the Alpha cases enough to order 200 new cases for custom loads.
The primer pockets of the SRP cases seem to withstand relatively higher pressure compared to LRP.

Reactions: Bbracken667