• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eagle Drag Bag Woes

SgtKope

Back from a long vacation
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2008
Maryland/DC/Pennsylvania
So the brown truck stopped in Iraq today and brought me possibly the last two Eagle Drag Bags in Khaki from NatchezSS. I unsnapped the snaps to expose the zipper and one of the snaps came off...

Give you three guesses where the bag was made....

Re: Eagle Drag Bag Woes

Let me guess...the Dominican Republic!!

There was a pretty lengthy thread a couple weeks (maybe sooner) ago on the Natchez sale and that some items were "seconds" and others were from Eagle's factory in the Dominican Republic...NOT the USA!!

Sorry for your problems. Maybe Eagle will make it right (don't think Natchez will because of the terms of the sale).

This is precisely why I started the following thread in order to determine what items were made in the USA as opposed to the DR:-

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...358#Post2446358

I actually cancelled an order after I found out the cases were made in the DR and not the USA.

Since the mid nineties I had developed a deep respect for Eagle Industry products but now I have found out that they have compromised and are putting out less than desirable workmanship I am rethinking my respect for them. To be fair and balanced some members of this forum have posted that the DR product, apart from some minor issues, are just as well made as the USA product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me guess...the Dominican Republic!!

Maybe Eagle will make it right (don't think Natchez will because of the terms of the sale). </div></div>

Ding!! Ding!! Ding!! Correct Sir.

Problem is it is not worth it to ship it back to the states for a snap. I just have to live with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kope</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me guess...the Dominican Republic!!

Maybe Eagle will make it right (don't think Natchez will because of the terms of the sale). </div></div>

Ding!! Ding!! Ding!! Correct Sir.

Problem is it is not worth it to ship it back to the states for a snap. I just have to live with it. </div></div>

You might check with a shoe/boot repair place, if you have one there. They have all kinds of snaps.

I have both a DR and US one, they look identical to me beside couple of loose threads on the DR one. they are made in DR from US materials so even if Eagle exchange it you'll probably get another DR one.

Everything I bought recently from eagle (from regular vendors at full price, not natchezss) has been made in DR.