• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eagle Eye Precision ammo

Timtom11

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2019
Hey everyone, I’m new here and I’m also a former Marine so I’m inherently stupid but I can take a beating so don’t pull any punches.

I’m not sure where to post this question so I gravitated to “Stupid Questions.” All that being said, has anyone had experience with EagleEye precision ammo? I’ve been checking out the website and from what they have posted it looks pretty decent. However, I’m skeptical because it’s virtually impossible to find user reviews on it.

I was thinking of snagging some just to see for myself but before I did I was wondering if anyone had personal experience using their ammo?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-tim

I used some of their 223 stuff in a bolt gun and it shot great. If I ever shot factory ammo I'd look at it again for sure.

well it's super overpriced and too easy to cherry pick for a low ES like the labradar pic shown

what brass?

if it actually shoots like that from every maybe it's worth it over hornady/Berger maybe not

From what I can tell they manufacture their own brass.

I appreciate the feedback guys. I’ll order a box and see what it looks like in the real world. I can set up the crono and see if it looks like what they put up on the interwebs. God knows I’ve spent money on dumber things.

Reactions: b6graham
From what I can tell they manufacture their own brass.

I appreciate the feedback guys. I’ll order a box and see what it looks like in the real world. I can set up the crono and see if it looks like what they put up on the interwebs. God knows I’ve spent money on dumber things.

For another data point, I’ve shot three cases of their 6.5 Creed ammo (130 gr. bullet), over the last year and was mighty impressed. I only recently bought a chrono and had only 120 rounds left to measure velocities but the ammo zipped right along at 2873 FPS in a lower mileage, 24” Bartlein. ES was pretty impressive at 14 with a SD of 6. It is spendy, but my experience was that it was very consistent and the numbers, (velocity, ES/SD), were similar to handload numbers I’ve seen.

Thanks Rugged,

That’s good info. I bought a box of 100 today and I guess I’ll see how it goes. It is reassuring that others have had good luck. It is pricy but if it’s as consistent as they say I’m willing to buy a few more boxes.

Thanks again for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

I have shot their 6.5 stuff and it's not bad. I'm not overly impressed with it though. It might be a shade better than Hornady match is about where it is for me. Its not as good as Prime as far as factory ammo is concerned. I'm shooting it out of a Tikka CTR 6.5

Thanks Ziggy. I ordered a box a couple days ago so we’ll see how it goes. I’m not looking for a long term solution but sometimes it’s nice to have some off the shelf ammo to grab.

Hopefully it works well for me. If not, I’m out a box (albeit an expensive one) of ammo. I’m just really surprised how few reviews I can find. Hell, I can find reviews online for milk.

Thanks again for all the input. I really appreciate it.

You have any test data to show that? Just curious if you did any group testing/chrono strings between the two?? I havent tried prime since they went through their whole lawsuit ordeal

You have any test data to show that? Just curious if you did any group testing/chrono strings between the two?? I havent tried prime since they went through their whole lawsuit ordeal
I have run both through chrono and shot numerous groups. The "new" Prime is as good as the "old" Prime.

I am anxiously awaiting to find out, I place an order 1/28/2021 and haven't had any notification contact. I sent a message and email for updates, hope they are still in business. Any one else tried to order from them?

I am anxiously awaiting to find out, I place an order 1/28/2021 and haven't had any notification contact. I sent a message and email for updates, hope they are still in business. Any one else tried to order from them?
I still have an order awaiting fulfillment since 2/11/2021. I was originally told 12-14 weeks. No response to several recent emails is making me nervous.

I still have an order awaiting fulfillment since 2/11/2021. I was originally told 12-14 weeks. No response to several recent emails is making me nervous.
I received my order about two weeks ago but have yet been able to get to range. Overall it took about 18 weeks. Once the ship it its fast. Cool box. Pic will be up shortly.

Reactions: Atxlongrange