• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eagle out of business?

RodneyDowns

Sergeant
Minuteman
I just spoke with Ed from Nachez abou tthe Eagle drag bag/ mat to see when they might have them back in stock.
I was told that Eagle went out of business and Nachez bought up all their inventory. Thats why Nachez was selling all the eagle stuff so cheap.
He also mentioned that theres word that Eagle MAY start production up again after selling all their inventory but its just hear say right now.

Back to looking for a drag bag/ mat to fit my 48 1/2" rifle....

Re: Eagle out of business?

I thought the eagle stuff Natchez had was all made outside USA and Eagle is discontinuing that? That's what I was told several months ago.

If they could keep up with the demand for stock packs they could probably subsist on that alone, lol.

I have a long bag. It is a Tac Force. It was made for 50 cal's.

I'll see if I can find a pic. PM me if your interested. It has sat collecting dust under my bed as I don't have a rifle long enough to put it in.

I work for the parent company of Natchez (Chattanooga Shooting Supplies). There are lots of stories floating around on that side about the Eagle stuff.

Here is what we were told by our sales manager, ATK bought Eagle. They also own Blackhawk and decided it was not good business to overlap so much so they have discontinued a good bit of the Eagle items that were too similar to Blackhawk. That is what we bought and have been blowing out. These were also items that they, ATK, had a huge overstock of as well.

Hope that sort of helps to clarify.

Charlie

The Tac Ops has a mat.

I wouldn't mind them blowing out some more HSRC's. I need a green one.

John Carver sold Eagle Industries to ATK.

Eagle's Dominican Republic sewn goods were built to Eagle specs with Eagle materials, however off-shore production did not qualify the stuff as being made in the USA or North America, thus could not be sold to official US Government buyers due to the Barry Amendment.

I'm guessing ATK then had excess/stagnant stock they couldn't move. They sold it off where Natchez was able to exploit the price break and still make money.

Anybody that got one of the Natchez Eagle products got a good deal.

I bought a courier bag from natchez during the blowout, I've not recieved it yet but it looks real nice. I've got other eagle stuff, i'm not worried about it.

Hopefully ATK will not kill the eagle stock packs, I don't care for the blackhawk ones as much.

FYI... not everything Natchez was blowing out was Dominican sewn. I have 2 HSRC(s) that are Made in USA as well as a Deluxe Shooters Bag I just received that is Made in USA. I also just ordered a Shooting Mat today and I have been told that these are DR products.

Bottom line: I have spent $470 with Natchez and am comi9ng out WAY ahead with quality gear.

Eagle is not out of business (yet). If ATK keeps jacking with the system, they will go out of business or get sold off.

What I am getting is that ATK wants to move all the commercial business (ie; non-military contract) to its factory in the Dominican Rep. Items that must be Berry will be made in St Louis or in Puerto Rico.

Eagle claims that they will still make commercail products in the USA on special order, but there are three caveats:
1. Minimum order of 25 of each item (and no, you cant combine colors)
2. Cost will be 2-3 times what it is now
3. Lead times that will make you cry (how about 6-8 months)

Not many of the dealers can stomach these requirements. There are several of the long time Eagle dealers that have given up on getting Eagle products that are made in the USA, and are now filling orders with DR made product.

Triad is bucking that trend and snarfing up US made items whenever they are available. Triad is not yet selling products made in the DR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Triad is bucking that trend and snarfing up US made items whenever they are available. Triad is not yet selling products made in the DR. </div></div>

Just another reason I get my gear from Triad
smile.gif

Sad what Eagle is going through. I don't understand how they can sell USA made stuff at what they used to, but now that stuff will be 2-3x more expensive. Doesn't make sense in my brain.

The bean counters say that the they were loosing money with every item that left the floor of the St Louis plant.

But losing that much that now they need to charge 3x the price and only do special runs? Seems kinda nuts. Shame, because they had some good kit

Can't they just fly the DR workers in to the St Louis plant.

just kidding.

Well, that's a bunch of shit.

I just got a new stock pack yesterday and was pissed to see it was made in the DR. This explains all of it adequately...but to discontinue Eagle in favor of Blackhawk is fucking jacked off. Blackhawk made their rep by knocking off Eagle's stuff. This is rewarding fucktardery of the Chinese variety on a grand scale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI... not everything Natchez was blowing out was Dominican sewn. I have 2 HSRC(s) that are Made in USA as well as a Deluxe Shooters Bag I just received that is Made in USA. I also just ordered a Shooting Mat today and I have been told that these are DR products.

Bottom line: I have spent $470 with Natchez and am comi9ng out WAY ahead with quality gear. </div></div>Yours were probably marked made in USA before they were told... "Hey DR does not count as USA." I could be wrong though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Socalsheepdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't they just fly the DR workers in to the St Louis plant.

just kidding. </div></div>

Weird thing is that they ship all the materials from St Louis to the DR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: QuietShootr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blackhawk made their rep by knocking off Eagle's stuff. This is rewarding fucktardery of the Chinese variety on a grand scale. </div></div>

Well said, do you make a living in PR? (Public Relations, not Puerto Rico)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: QuietShootr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, that's a bunch of shit.

I just got a new stock pack yesterday and was pissed to see it was made in the DR. <span style="font-weight: bold">This explains all of it adequately...but to discontinue Eagle in favor of Blackhawk is fucking jacked off. Blackhawk made their rep by knocking off Eagle's stuff. This is rewarding fucktardery of the Chinese variety on a grand scale</span>. </div></div>

Funny shit right there
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Better start snatching up those US made stock packs. Gonna be collectors items soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rocca</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice but I'm looking for the drag bag / mat combo.
Thanks </div></div>
Check out Grand River Tactical, Nick can build what you need.

No wonder I can't find the chest rig I want in stock for the last 7 months!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LCJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And guess what?

ATK owns Blackhawk too! </div></div>

Welcome to yesterday, read the whole thread. Been mentioned many times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RicosRevenge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI... not everything Natchez was blowing out was Dominican sewn. I have 2 HSRC(s) that are Made in USA as well as a Deluxe Shooters Bag I just received that is Made in USA. I also just ordered a Shooting Mat today and I have been told that these are DR products.

Bottom line: I have spent $470 with Natchez and am comi9ng out WAY ahead with quality gear. </div></div>Yours were probably marked made in USA before they were told... "Hey DR does not count as USA." I could be wrong though. </div></div>
Yup, you could be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AnthonyL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LCJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And guess what?

ATK owns Blackhawk too! </div></div>

Welcome to yesterday, read the whole thread. Been mentioned many times. </div></div>

Point taken.

I missed that post.

Thanks for the keeping me focused bitchslap.

What a sad state of affairs. Eagle was, for close to 20 years, the standard in quality. My first piece of non-ALICE gear I was ever issued was from Eagle.

I got a Dominican made stock pack and it blows compared to my American made one. It doesn't have the nice cushy padding that I was expecting. Overall finish just wasn't as nice
mad.gif

My U.S. made Eagle O.D. III-day pack and camo drag bag just became collector items.

Sad to see Eagle disappear and Blackhawk taking over.

I will never purchase any crap from Blackhawk. A store local to me carries their products and I don't like it.

Sorry to see Eagle go down the tubes.

I guess I did the right thing in buying a TacOps bag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a sad state of affairs. Eagle was, for close to 20 years, the standard in quality. </div></div>

You could not be more right , I have the same opinion , 90% of my stuff is made by Eagle , I have had always top notch gear from them .

That's very sad but it is happening on daily basis everywhere in the western world , thousands of italian very famous fashion brands are made nowday who know where .... simply have a look at their labels when you have the chance , it is a true shame !

PP out

Ironic that for years Blackhawk flat out stole Eagle's designs and pawned them off on the unsuspecting end user, and now the rip off artists will outlast the originator.

Sad.

Not as a friend, but i knew Mike Noell when he started on London Bridge Road in Va. Beach. I heard him say that he was going to make everything Eagle made but better. He made a lot of stuff but not as good though. Not to toot my horn but that drop leg gas mask carrier and the array of multi pouched platforms are things I designed and he quietly ripped off with zero credit to me.

Kind of cool though that London Bridge Trading is actually on London Bridge Road now.

Many, many moons ago back before I was human and lost any chance of dreaming again, I walked one day to a little store in my city with a collection of drawings that I had for som of the best tactical gear that would adorn the Spartans and other bad ass mofos of my beloved country. I had heard many rumors at that point about how Blackhawk ripped off Eagle's designs and chose to give them a chance that maybe it could just be nothing but a rumor.

This little store located in my fair, bustling city was Blackhawk Industries located at their original Executive Drive store.

So I walked up intent on applying for a job, and to do a proper service to the end user of my awesome designs. I was told that they were not hiring, and they did not need my help in designing tactical gear, but I could leave my sketches with them. I asked who designed the gear and was told it was the owner. Then I flatly stated that if he kept copying Eagle Industries then nothing was really his, and then I left.

The whole way they were and still are, doing business was and still is crooked. It basically became a business model for all the other American corporations. "Hey lets move everything across the ocean, sell our soulsand morals, and make some money!"

But Eagle was different. It was AWESOME dealing with them direct. They helped me out so much, and they knew me by first name when I called. I had sooo many conversations with them about random stuff just simply because they were good wholesome people to deal with.

This is a shame and a disadvantage to everyone. The Hide has been known to honestly make and break businesses. So this is the time when we should stand up for a company that has stood up for us through the quality in it's work and urge them not to do so. They are very truely making and mistake and you should call them up and firmly state that you will buy no Eagle Industries products unless they are made in Missouri. I am saying boycott any Eagle products made outside the U.S. NOT ones made in the U.S.

They are losing money and we have to show them that we will support them because they have supported us for so long.

From this supply demand for U.S. made Eagle products will cause them to go with this instead and hopefully save something we all care for.

Every piece of gear I have ever gotten from Eagle (from St. Louis) has been kick ass. I got a drag bag from the D.R. that is not built like the St. Louis stuff.

I used to look at Blackhawk's stuff, when their catalog had the American flag in every other picture and "honor as a way of life" right under it. I thought for sure their stuff was made in the USA. I quickly found out that the first thing I got had a "made in Vietnam" tag on it. Haven't bought their shit since and never will.

IMO Eagle was among the best in nylon quality.

The only thing I own of blackhawk mfg. is a SERPA, and I don't intend to buy any of their bags or molle crap.

I wish eagle would hang around with US made stuff, with that option out the window i'll have to just pony up for higher end gear like tactical tailor, tacops, HSGI, kifaru, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This is a shame and a disadvantage to everyone. The Hide has been known to honestly make and break businesses. So this is the time when we should stand up for a company that has stood up for us through the quality in it's work and urge them not to do so. They are very truely making and mistake and you should call them up and firmly state that you will buy no Eagle Industries products unless they are made in Missouri. I am saying boycott any Eagle products made outside the U.S. NOT ones made in the U.S.

They are losing money and we have to show them that we will support them because they have supported us for so long.

From this supply demand for U.S. made Eagle products will cause them to go with this instead and hopefully save something we all care for. </div></div>

The blow-out-sale at Natchez showed me the willingness of people to buy product made in other countries.

A phone call to Eagle will get you nowhere. The gals that pick up the phone will not pass you off to anyone that matters. Dont forget that ATK is the new task-master and the nobody with the last name of Carver works there anymore. At SHOT show, I talked to them (as a buyer that spends $100,000-200,000 a year) about keeping the product made in the US. Basic response was something like; "spend two to three times that, for the same products and we can talk"......

That's a cold shoulder for sure.

Triad is exploring other options for providers of mainline of US made tactical gear, and pushing forward with designs of our own.

The problem is most consumers do not want to spend the money on quality gear. They want the cheapest shit money can buy in the newest, coolest design on the market. Other than a small percentage of the market, they don't care where its made.

I see it first hand every day. Take a wild guess where I work...

Steve, i'd pay more for stock packs and other gear if they are of the quality we've come to expect and are berry-compliant (or at least made by an actual ally nation, like UK). I hope you find someone who can deliver the goods at a decent rate, and maybe they'll actually be able to keep up with demand (unlike Eagle).

On a general note, I don't think it's completely feasible to avoid foreign made junk in life... but when possible I try to avoid things made in Asia or Latin America, just on principle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem is most consumers do not want to spend the money on quality gear. They want the cheapest shit money can buy in the newest, coolest design on the market. Other than a small percentage of the market, they don't care where its made.

I see it first hand every day. Take a wild guess where I work... </div></div>

CSSI

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

From this supply demand for U.S. made Eagle products will cause them to go with this instead and hopefully save something we all care for. </div></div>

The blow-out-sale at Natchez showed me the willingness of people to buy product made in other countries.

A phone call to Eagle will get you nowhere. The gals that pick up the phone will not pass you off to anyone that matters. Dont forget that ATK is the new task-master and the nobody with the last name of Carver works there anymore. At SHOT show, I talked to them (as a buyer that spends $100,000-200,000 a year) about keeping the product made in the US. Basic response was something like; "spend two to three times that, for the same products and we can talk"......

That's a cold shoulder for sure.

Triad is exploring other options for providers of mainline of US made tactical gear, and pushing forward with designs of our own.

</div></div>

It was worth a shot until you brought that up Steve! LOL!

The only other viable option that I can see is someone else who makes their stuff in America copying all of Eagle's designs. It does sound bad, but I always questioned why Eagle never sued Blackhawk for stealing all their designs, so overall it looks like they simply don't give a shit. Also, Point Blank just outright copying the CIRAS for the stupid, BS Army issued IOTV didn't help.

Paging Grand River Tactical! Are you reading this?
grin.gif

FWIW,

Eagle, Black Hawk, & LBT routinely "Borrow" each other’s designs.
They may have some type of agreements between them or they figure the litigation costs would run them out of business.

Case in point, SOTECH.
They were one of the few that didn't care about the cost of going after people ripping off their designs.
It was about right & wrong.
Eventually they decided it was easier to rip themselves off.
They ended up creating a foreign sub company (Palidin) to make cheaper versions of their own designs.

Another theory for success in high end nylon gear is to rotate products / update generations.
"Innovate or die!"
By releasing new designs every 6 months and then phasing out older ones, the company can keep things fresh and unique.
The foreign rip-offs take some time to bring things to market and by keeping things fresh makes your products different then theirs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Meat Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem is most consumers do not want to spend the money on quality gear. They want the cheapest shit money can buy in the newest, coolest design on the market. Other than a small percentage of the market, they don't care where its made.

I see it first hand every day. Take a wild guess where I work... </div></div>

CSSI </div></div>

Natchez

ETA: On the subject of consumers buying the cheapest thing they can buy, optics are the worst. Everyday calls come in with the same result. They will ask you for a suggestion on a scope for their hunting rifle. When you suggest a Leupold or similar scope their immediate response is: "Holy crap I'd never spend $600.00 on a scope that's crazy! What do you have under a $100.00 that's good?" It gets pretty old after a while.