• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eagle stock pack, colouring the suede area.

Bootneck

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2007
Trying to find out if anyone has coloured by what ever means the suede section. I just find it strange that there is no way of matching the suede colour to the colour of the stock pack.
I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who thinks this especially the lengths people go to paint/ coat their rifles in camouflage for a large black square section to be left visible.
Many thanks
Bootneck

Re: Eagle stock pack, colouring the suede area.

Generally speaking, whenever the rifle is employed properly, the black area is covered by your face.

I have camo'ed it several times.

It usually happens after you have been on the glass for awhile and your face paint has rubbed into the material.
wink.gif

Leave it alone. You can't dye black fabric any other color than black. Paint will destroy it.

Trust me, if you are using proper field skills, no one is going to notice the little bit of black.

I have been brought up and trained, that in nature there is very little to no black in nature. That is why you should not use black elastic on ghillie suits, wear black boots etc as they stand out.
I would just like it to be coloured to match the overall colour of the stock pack. Which is generally purchased to match the rifle.I'm suprised there has not been more call for this, and Eagle matching it up.

Was hoping someone may experimented and found some way of colouring it without ruining it.
Thanks anyway.
Thanks for the replies.

One of the main reasons its black is that Eagle would have to order a shit ton of the suede fabric and have it dyed OD and coyote,I'm sure they look at it being more cost effective to leave it black.

If you look at their gear all the webbing will match the cordura they use and its all dyed and stays in lots when they order material.

Its kind of like Mr Ford said when he came out with his cars,you can get one in any color you want as long as its black.

maybe just use some fabric to cover it since options are so limited. there are a few fabric glues that could be used to hold it or it could be stitched over the black. you wouldnt get the feel of the "suede", but its not gonna be black either

Or you could just buy one like this.....
DSC01750.jpg