• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eagle vs. Galati drag bag/shooting mat

Pigman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2011
Katy, TX
Does anyone have any experience with these two bags? I'm looking for a drag bag/shooting mat for my AR and I have it narrowed down to these two. I'm going to be using it alot while hunting so I need it to be durable. They look identical and have almost identical specs with the Galati being about 2 inches larger in both width and length. There's roughly a $35 gap between the two. The Eagle is $130 and the Galati is $95. What am I really gaining with that extra $35 if anything?

Edit: I also found another bag made by Galati, the "Deluxe Shooters Mat". It's $50 more than the Eagle but it looks a little beefier and larger than both of the other bags. Any comments on this bag would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Eagle vs. Galati drag bag/shooting mat

You use to get a made in the USA tag and a lifetime warranty if you buy Eagle. You still get the warranty, but the tag will most likely say Dominican Republic.

According to them, Galati imports all of their product and has a limited warranty.

I had a Galati bag a number of years ago, two of the zippers failed after three years.

Thanks for the info! I think that warranty might be a dealbreaker for me, as well as the option to get it in multicam.

Eagle.

Better quality overall. Used to be US Made. As Steve said, many Eagle products are now made in the Dominican Republic.

Too much cheap stuff from China killing the market. Hard to convince guys who don't lean on their stuff why Cordura is better than import fabrics.

While Steve is correct that Galati does import their stuff (doesn't this sound a bit opposite our last conversation Steve?) they still make a quality bag. I can tell you compared to a few other 'cheap china imports' that they stack up VERY well. If you do decide to go Galati, send me a PM and I can get ya one very quickly!

Mike

i have had this Galati for close to 10 years i think.. it is used HEAVY every year, and has never failed me... i just ordered a new 1 for a buddy, and they did change them some, the foam is way thicker in the new one, feels like a comfy sleeping mat now...

I have had the same Galati Deluxe mat / drag bag for about 4 years now. No problems with it the fabric, zipper, stitching has held quite well. Even the ghillie ties are still there and holding.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have had this Galati for close to 10 years i think.. it is used HEAVY every year, and has never failed me... i just ordered a new 1 for a buddy, and they did change them some, the foam is way thicker in the new one, feels like a comfy sleeping mat now...

</div></div>

Is that the Deluxe Shooter's Mat? It seems like that may be a viable option but I'm just a little hesitant because of Galati's warranty. And I'd really like to have multicam, but I could live with OD or tan.

dont get the tan... the color is ugly, its more yellow mustard..

ya, its the dlx... i was selling them for 180

I'll keep that in mind. Right now I think I'm leaning more towards the Galati deluxe in OD.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: herkyhealer130</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out U.S. Armorment if you decide to go with the Galati deluxe. They have the best price that I've found along with free shipping. I got my Galati deluxe from them about a year ago and I'm very happy with it. It's a great product and well made.

http://usarmorment.com/galati-deluxe-shooters-mat-free-shipping-p-490.html</div></div>

Thanks for the link. I found it on amazon for $180 also so it's just a matter of who has the cheapest shipping. I think I'm pretty much set on the Galati Deluxe. Now I just gotta get the money to afford it.

Pretty tough to compete with companies that advertise well below MAP pricing. But if you are indeed interested in the Deluxe shooter's mat, shoot me a PM and I can match their price or get darn close to it....
smile.gif

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powdermeasure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what yall think of this one: http://www.cstactical.com/EQUIPMENT/Gun-...-x-36-open.html

Are there better options?</div></div>

It looks pretty much identical to the Eagle and it's pretty much the same price. I think I'd go with the Eagle over that one since it has a lifetime warranty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have two Eagles for what that is worth.

If you nee a drag that doubles as a mat. Would say it is tough to top that.</div></div>

Do you have the Eagle DB-BS (the $120-130 one) or the Hybrid Sniper Rifle Case (the $300 one)?

I really like the Eagle because of the warranty but I really like the Galati Deluxe because of the size. Decisions, decisions...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pigman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powdermeasure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what yall think of this one: http://www.cstactical.com/EQUIPMENT/Gun-...-x-36-open.html

It looks pretty much identical to the Eagle and it's pretty much the same price. I think I'd go with the Eagle over that one since it has a lifetime warranty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have two Eagles for what that is worth.

If you nee a drag that doubles as a mat. Would say it is tough to top that.</div></div>

Do you have the Eagle DB-BS (the $120-130 one) or the Hybrid Sniper Rifle Case (the $300 one)?

I really like the Eagle because of the warranty but I really like the Galati Deluxe because of the size. Decisions, decisions...
</div></div>

Now that you remind me...I have (2) of the big boys and one of the smaller one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pigman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powdermeasure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what yall think of this one: http://www.cstactical.com/EQUIPMENT/Gun-...-x-36-open.html

</div></div>

Now that you remind me...I have (2) of the big boys and one of the smaller one.</div></div>

Haha gotcha. I'm really liking that bigger one but I just don't think I could justify the price. I love the size of it AND I can get it in multicam, but $320 is a little too pricey for me.

How do you like the smaller one compared to the larger one? Do you think the bigger one is worth the extra money?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pigman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pigman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powdermeasure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what yall think of this one: http://www.cstactical.com/EQUIPMENT/Gun-...-x-36-open.html

</div></div>

Now that you remind me...I have (2) of the big boys and one of the smaller one.</div></div>

Haha gotcha. I'm really liking that bigger one but I just don't think I could justify the price. I love the size of it AND I can get it in multicam, but $320 is a little too pricey for me.

How do you like the smaller one compared to the larger one? Do you think the bigger one is worth the extra money? </div></div>

As with everything...what are you going to use it for?

do you NEED the drag bag function?

It isn't absolutely necessary, but I can think of some situations where it would definitely be useful. To answer your question, no, I don't NEED it.

Oh I thought you meant something else. I'd like to have a drag bag/shooting mat so I don't have to carry around two separate things. I don't want to have to carry around a rifle case and the shooting mat.