• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Ear Pro Discusssion

Sprayed99

WJK 4-9-18
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 9, 2012
    DFW TX
    Lets talk ear pro, I can shoot with about anything, but my wife has fits with about everything because she is so small.

I have considered Peltors, but I came across OTTOs. Any thoughts of these? Once she gets going and I know she wants to continue with the sport I will break down and buy her a set of ESPs. I'm 70% deaf in my right ear and 40 in my left, so I'm not nearly as sound sensitive as she is. I just want to make sure we get something that will protect her hearing so she doesn't end up like I am.

TIA

I finally got some ESPs and really like them. Would recommend them to anyone. Did recommend to a friend and after he bought a set said exact same thing I did - “wish I had gotten these a long time ago”

I finally got some ESPs and really like them. Would recommend them to anyone. Did recommend to a friend and after he bought a set said exact same thing I did - “wish I had gotten these a long time ago”
    which did you purchase?

ESPs are bitchin but found after a long day in them or on the move they get irritating and some pressure develops behind them. Peltors are absolutely awesome. Super comfortable.

OTTO’s at great. If you plan on shooting rifles undercover or indoors they may not be enough for her.
    i’ve got a long thread that’s a few years old about the OTTO’s if you can find it.

Reactions: rady
    Indoors / buisy range, double up eap and foamies

+++ on Otto's. You can also get different size ear plugs for her on amazon. Size of ear canal and getting the proper fit is really important, not only for hearing protection, but to keep them from falling out on the ground. Foam plugs provide better level of protection than the flange. Both are provided with the Otto's.

I often wear muffs for an additional layer of protection.

which did you purchase?

I got the Apex. My experience with them has been the opposite of charnicus- after a long day I sometimes forget they are even there. The sound is so good (had hearing test done and gave ESP the results to make them) that when I take them out at the end of the day it feels like my hearing worsens.
    Way more comfortable than the foamies I used to use

(y)

Yields 38dB NRR (which is about as good as it gets) and you can still hear fairly normally (speech and situational awareness-wise).

Except, be smarter than me and get bright colored molds... Sucks when you drop one of your gucci custom-made earplugs at the range and it immediately becomes virtually invisible once it hits the deck (clear wasn't a wise choice :rolleyes:).

Attachments

• tempImageJS2Fta.png
      tempImageJS2Fta.png
      1.9 MB · Views: 64
    Last edited:
    Reactions: 6.5SH
    I have sordin supreme pro-xs and i have peltor comtac iiis. The sound quality is much better from the peltors. This is not to say that the sordins dont sound good, they just arent even close to the peltors.