• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Early Christmas present from AJ. Brown

Turk

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2004
Hightaxes,Virginia.
I was pleasently surprised when my rifle showed up at the door step earlier then expected! I can't say enough about the fit and finish, and the performance! I am not an avid shooter as most of you all, but it was grouping well under 1/2 moa at 100 yds 5 shot groups! Please keep in mind that I haven't shot in over 1 1/2 years and it was 32 degrees outside. This rifle is an absolut hammer, and I am sure w/ AJ.'s background it will be absolutely reliable! He can build them any way you want, but I wanted something simple.
MCM A5 stock
1-11 fluted 20 in Hart barrel
Surefire suppressor and brake
Williams bottom metal
40X trigger
KG Gunkote milspec Navy gray
IBA base and rings
Leupold Mark4 10X M3
Arcangelgearworx sling

Speaking of AJ.'s background here it is:

He retired from NSWC Crane after 25 years. Last position was in the Weapons Prototype Shop. His background is in research & development, test. and evaluation of small arms and ammo. Some of the projects he worked on are SOPMOD, Mk262 ammo, Mk12, Mk13, Mk18, SPRV, SCAR, PSR, and many more.

On top of his credentials and after checking out his "Hide" member #; I had to get something built by him!
grin.gif

157hsnr.jpg

30kvpsg.jpg

14aeyo3.jpg

Re: Early Christmas present from AJ. Brown

Sweet lookin stick!!!

scott

Thanks fot the help dmg! I went w/ the IBA 30mm lows. The pics don't do it justice.

Nice rig. I really like the color of the metal finish.

Any idea what that thing weighs? Also, did you go with Sniper fill, or Standard fill?

Thanks

You have to see it in person to appreciate the color! Went w/ standard fill as to keep the weight down as there is no advantage to the "sniper fill" in a 308! Didn't weigh it yet but will keep informed as soon as I do.

That is a nice setup. I am also the member of IWLA same range. Hope too bump into you there. Very nice rig. How long is the wait for can?

CONGRATS! Looks great. Big fan of the "Parkerized" KG.

Congrats on a nice stick. I told you that you'd be pleased with AJ's work
wink.gif

Where is that, Isaac Walton on 28?