• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Early Look at the TRIAD in 9mm - .40 - .45

RollingThunder51

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
U.S.A.
With the T.H.O.R. technology now working its way through the whole line, here is a basket of .40 TRIADs. Starting of with high grade U.S. solid titanium bar stock, over an hour of machining goes into producing the thickest, strongest Ti can envelope yet to make it to market. This is not an aluminum tube, but rather 100% titanium. With a diameter of 1.6" and an overall length of 7.9" the T.H.O.R.s utilize the same envelope for either the 9mm, .40 or .45acp. As with all quality Neilson regulated cans specialty steel is used for the Neilson, as Ti is a poor choice. With the new Ti T.H.O.R. diverter and baffles, this can is remarkable. A special Poly Ceramic coating actually hardens with each heat/cool cycle. Yes, these cans can take limited full auto use (static mounts available, everything swaps out, etc.). Weight? Well, lets do this the right way. These units when properly loaded with lithium grease (approx 10ccs) will come in at 12.8oz. The quietest, most advanced can to ever leave the shop.

Re: Early Look at the TRIAD in 9mm - .40 - .45

Are you making these? Damn good looking. Machining Ti is a bitch! I've done a little in my day but mostly just as R&D pieces.

Why Li greese? What's a Neilson?

Sorry I don't know shit about sound cans.

AWC is. The new line came about because of the Raider THORs. Lithium Grease as it allows for more rounds quietly through with than other ablatives and has beneficial aspects in regard to the Neilson and purging properties when liquified. Neilsons are the articulating device that allows the weight of the suppressor to "vanish" through the off loading of the can's mass into the compression of a spring.

Are others not able to bring up the picture of the can on the host?

If only I could own a can in Iowa...
frown.gif

You better send me one to test. I promise to give it awesome reviews!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AWC is. The new line came about because of the Raider THORs. Lithium Grease as it allows for more rounds quietly through with than other ablatives and has beneficial aspects in regard to the Neilson and purging properties when liquified. Neilsons are the articulating device that allows the weight of the suppressor to "vanish" through the off loading of the can's mass into the compression of a spring.

</div></div>

Oh, interesting! There is a lot more to these things than I realized. Thanks for the feedback!

Those cans are all kinds of awesome.

When will these hit the market? I don't see them on the AWC site.

Estimated MSRP?

Nice looking cans.....

Sorry for the delay...

What I know,

- The Triads are in full production and are available and shipping now. The Army's first request has been fulfilled, and as such, general shipments have begun.

- These are high end cans obviously and a strong effort was made to not cross the $1 grand pricing level. They list out at around $950. The only options are pistons, static end, standard colors (flat dark earth, drab, black and Patriot Brown). Executive Gun Runners, armament Servies, etc., has 9mm in stock.

- Considerable back orders creating an average lead time of 12-16 weeks. First come, first served. Orders are unusually heavy.

762, your Valkyries are scheduled to be on line in the next few weeks. I too am waiting as that can is without a doubt the most advanced .22 ever made, another crazy, crazy Ti product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 762, your Valkyries are scheduled to be on line in the next few weeks. I too am waiting as that can is without a doubt the most advanced .22 ever made, another crazy, crazy Ti product. </div></div>

I know...I have 5 on order but I'm not sure that will be enough. I talked to Jeff the other day about the status so I was really only busting your chops.