• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Early morning yote!

esorensen

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2008
Broomfield, CO
I woke up this morning to one of the kids saying, "Dad, there's a coyote outside"! I got the Kimber gov't Model 82 and a CCI short pistol round and chambered it and held on its ear and...pop!...thud! right out the bedroom window at 88 yds. I've waited alomost 10 years to do this!
100_3771.jpg

Kinda ugly and scrawny, but I'm not complaining!
100_3769.jpg

Re: Early morning yote!

He sure blends in with the terrain. I often take foxes out of my kitchen window but I have yet to see a coyote. Good shooting!

That Kimber has the aperature sights and I used the cci short target with a 29 gr bullet at an advertised 830 fps. I suspect they come out of the Kimber a little faster than that, but still sub sonic as there is no crack.

I thought about skinning the little guy but he is kinda gross. The bullet hit him in the head so no pelt damage but still gross. It also goes to show that these "little" .22s have more hp than we give them credit. I think this mirrors desert frogs' thread regarding this.

A few years back I killed a stray mutt at 110yds in almost the exact same spot. We had a litter of pups and we were having an awful time with parvo so anything was game at that point. We spent thousands rehabing those pups! I used the cci short with that one also and it entered the chest and hit the heart.

Ive taken quite a few with my CZ452..great shooting. I am constantly amazed that people to a very lage extent underestimate the damage that a 22 can do...

Thanks! Didn't find an exit on the yote but that little bullet sure left a mark! BTW the bbl on the Kimber is 24". I usually shoot FGMM 40 gr. LR out of it. The lack of noise with the shorts is attractive and they are soo accurate! I have almost quit shooting at 100 with it and stick to 200. On a calm day it really magnifies your shooting errors.

Kill all those cockroaches. I have killed 5-6 over the years, while deer hunting. I am perfectly willing to ruin a deer hunt to remove those vermin.

Good shooting. With a duece even. Was that the only gun handy or did you specifically want to take something with it?

The best part of that is was how fast I could get into the safe and check a couple of places for ammo, pour out some ammo onto the floor, load a .22 short with dyslexic fingers and cap that bastard in the noggin! The whole family was watching me in my boxers, running around like the village idiot trying to make this happen! Even that damn coyote was watchin me!

They are like roaches! You can try but you will never kill them all!

funny mental image....i have done the same thing running around and trying to screw on my scilencer on the end of a pistol to cap something in the middle of the night and not have the whole neighborhood after me....

too funny.

A kill with Iron sights is the best ever IMO. Damn I can't wait till I take my SBR hunting.

But I'm not surprised you made the shot. Is that barrel heavy and long enough?? LOL

dont you know a 22 is to small for coyotes ? its not responsible to use anthing smaller than a 300 mag .lol. nice shot a couple have fallen to my 22 & 17m2 cause they were in the wrong place @ the wrong time. keep up the good work

Real good shot. You should give calling them a try you will be hooked if you are not already.

Been hunting and calling for years now. this was just the first time I was able to get one directly from the house.