• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EarPro with Radio

mickg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2007
Stony Brook, NY
Does something exist like the following:
MSA earmuffs with integrated microphone and radio to talk to a group of similar earmuffs - or maybe some sort of plugs?
Ideally one that does not require a beltpack.

Any thoughts by anyone?
Thanks!

Helmet mounted radios? PRR9? I have actually seen these, helped get a couple working. They are... not great.
1059760d1490358402-vietnam-era-m1-helmet-radio-img_1535.jpg

:)

I have never seen one in use, but 3M/Peltor DOES make an integrated radio headset. It's over $1000.

45ET98_AS01

I'm entirely happy with my dangly cord comm headsets. Sordins mostly (dual comm OTH, single comm on-helmet), but I also have an older Nacre setup as well. Pick downloads and PTTs, plug into whichever radio you want.

Reactions: Dragoon300
Does something exist like the following:
MSA earmuffs with integrated microphone and radio to talk to a group of similar earmuffs - or maybe some sort of plugs?
Ideally one that does not require a beltpack.

I believe that 3M tactical earplugs TEP-200 can be used with a neckloop which can wirelessly transmit radio comms from the radio to the earplugs and vice versa.

I do own a set of these plugs and they work pretty decent for sound attenuation, especially if used with memory foam tips. But I have not personally used them for radio communication, so my opinion on this matter is not first hand.

Here are the links:

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/v100009932/

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/dc/v100009934/

Helmet mounted radios? PRR9? I have actually seen these, helped get a couple working. They are... not great.
1059760d1490358402-vietnam-era-m1-helmet-radio-img_1535.jpg

:)

I have never seen one in use, but 3M/Peltor DOES make an integrated radio headset. It's over $1000.

45ET98_AS01

I'm entirely happy with my dangly cord comm headsets. Sordins mostly (dual comm OTH, single comm on-helmet), but I also have an older Nacre setup as well. Pick downloads and PTTs, plug into whichever radio you want.
The peltor industrial one sound quality is crappy

Reactions: shoobe01
The Nacre and Silynx systems were designed to allow for radio integration...they both use a central pod that sits on a chest rig or belt and have active noise cancelation and mics ..
There are new units which are the same as those issues to the Marines on eBay.
Their hearing protection is fantastic.

Pelton is releasing sometime in the next month or two the Comtac VII and TEP300 plugs. These combined with their new push to talk system should be what you are looking for. SRS Tactical does sell a Mike setup that attaches to a radio and then plugs into the side of the MSA Sordin headsets. The small. Ike gets clipped to a shirt or vest.

Sensear headsets. Models can be wired, wireless, Bluetooth, FM broadcast and short range FM comms with noise canceling ear pro. Used them in industrial applications for commercial radio communication. Intrinsically safe models available. Well liked but are pricey.

I use a pair of SWATCOM's (new owners of Sordin, with upgraded technology), with a mini jack microphone adapter to TP120 plug, and a U94 PTT. The microphone adapter will work with any headset that has a mini jack aux port. https://www.swatcom.com/product/swatcom-sc37-fleximic-detachable-noise-cancelling-mic/
There is also a less expensive alternative to connect to Boafeng radios.
I know this is a bit old but can you use the ambient sound amplification with this plugged in still? I read one account that plugging into that 3.5mm port turns the ambient sound off

Peltor ComTac 3's up all work very well. I use my ComTac 3's all the time for running classes with multiple instructors so everyone knows what's going on.