• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

theogre_52

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2010
Eastern, Iowa
Anyone in east iowa shoot past 500? If so where. I would like to get into it but most of the ranges are to far to justify it.

Re: East Iowa

www.milanrifleclub.com

There is a range in New Windsor, IL with a 1000yd range that is open just for competitions. I'm not aware of any other established ranges to shoot past 600yds on the east part of IA or west part of IL. You'll need private land for that.

I would imagine that someone has land on this side of the state to be used. But have no idea how to find such a person.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: theogre</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would imagine that someone has land on this side of the state to be used. But have no idea how to find such a person.

Thanks</div></div>

Where in Eastern Iowa are you? What public/private ranges are you currently shooting at?

I am by cedar rapids. I shoot at matsels bridge (sp?) the range by iowa city on the gravel roads (dont know the name). I have looked into IKES but I have yet to find somewhere out to 500+.

The place I am aware that is open to the public is Brownells Big Creek Range. 1mi east of Searsboro on Hwy 146. It is 500yds. About an hr 30min away from cr.

They are stting up a 1000 yd range for the bench rest folks, but I don't know when that will be complete.

well im from the Sioux city area we have a local pay range i believe out to 300-400 yards with indoor range for pistols and now they are doing the range for shotguns also. if i go to play anything longer i tend to wait for a few months out of the year mid summer or early spring late fall when no hunting/mushroom seasons are in em-place.