• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

East Tennessee PRS local match

TnDoc

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2017
New Tazewell ,Tn
I live in Upper East Tennessee, near the Kentucky border. I have a small PRS type range on my farm and I'm looking for Shooters who want to join in once or twice a month. We are beginners to intermediate level. Thought I'd try this blog to see if anyone's interested in the area. Thanks.

In Tazewell, Tennessee. 45 minutes from Morristown, 1 hour north of Knoxville. Text me at 865 660 0670 if interested. Am preparing for a match on Sept 14th in Ky., we will be practicing at my place on 31st and 7th

Reactions: Tim_WNC
Come on out....

Attachments

• 20191027_211336.jpg
    20191027_211336.jpg
    670.7 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: TnDoc
Do you know when the next one will be? I’m in Bristol so shouldn’t be too far

I’m in Knoxville, just getting into the sport and really would love a place to close by. Is this still going on and where are you guys located?

Unfortunately, we don't have any matches on the calendar in the near future.

So is this spot a no go now? I am moving back to knoxville next year. I am a former sniper in the rangers and now a ddm with Triple Canopy working for the state dept and I need somebplaces to shoot and compete that aren't 3 hours away

So is this spot a no go now? I am moving back to knoxville next year. I am a former sniper in the rangers and now a ddm with Triple Canopy working for the state dept and I need somebplaces to shoot and compete that aren't 3 hours away
Well you sir are shit out of luck. Just like me, and others. Its like 4 hours from Chattanooga to any match. Makes it time consuming

ORSA, Oak Ridge Sportsman Association can get you out to 1000 yards. Right now Precision Rimfire is what's getting most of the attention regionally

And what rimfire matches are there that aren't 3 hours from Knox?

Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club in Bristol, and VOD Tactical in Old Fort, NC are both about 2 hrs from Knoxville.

Kettlefoot Rod & Gun Club in Bristol, and VOD Tactical in Old Fort, NC are both about 2 hrs from Knoxville.

Frank @ VOD and I meet this week about a long range practice day likely in Jan. and quarterly after that so more to follow once he firms up I will post on Hide. It will be a target rich/prop rich environment for practice.

For us old timers think early DMM pre PRS potiential @ VOD from when Woody and I put on days similar. I think Frank will be open to hearing what shooters want to do on a quarterly basis.

My MD and competition days are past but VOD has great potential for practice days now and more as Frank continues to grow the range. Solid range owner/great guy willing to work with shooters

Semper fi

Well you sir are shit out of luck. Just like me, and others. Its like 4 hours from Chattanooga to any match. Makes it time consuming
Dead Zero Shooting Park has hosted 1000 yard F-Class events and has many other monthly rifle events as well. It's a premier shooting destination just outside Chattanooga. eTargets are at 100,300,600 and 1000 yards. The sniper school in Ft. Benning comes to this facility several times a year to train as well as most 3 letter law enforcement agencies in a tri-state area. Check it out....

Reactions: buggz and Tx_Aggie
Dead Zero Shooting Park has hosted 1000 yard F-Class events and has many other monthly rifle events as well. It's a premier shooting destination just outside Chattanooga. eTargets are at 100,300,600 and 1000 yards. The sniper school in Ft. Benning comes to this facility several times a year to train as well as most 3 letter law enforcement agencies in a tri-state area. Check it out....
I am a member there! It’s very cool and had a super cool rim fire prs match but never had another. Lots of greet shooters there too, sad day. Yea we are talking about prs I can’t do that f class stuff haha

I knew they did a few prs events in the past, but many ranges in this area just dont seem to have the interest in them much anymore. F-Class stuff seems to be everywhere comparatively speaking.

They have never had center fire prs style matches and I seriously doubt they will ever. It takes a certain type of range to host 100 shooters of varying skill levels. Them and strategic edge just don’t have the facility for it. Prs is growing

I can see it taking more staff to run a prs event too.

RO’s are usually volunteer and get free entry, it’s more the range it’s self than ppl. When there is a Boy Scout camp a mile behind the berms or a highway next the range, negligent discharges can not happen. Like at Alabama precision a newer girl was shooting and was a rev off, so she was doped for 1200 yards but shooting at 300 yards. Argued with the RO and others that were telling her why she wasn’t hitting the target. The RO let her continue cuz he could see the impacts against the side of the hill and it was safe but that can’t happen with local ranges.

Well, it might not hurt to chat with the General Manager at Dead Zero, he just won the 2021 Tennessee Midrange Championship and is very involved in the industry. So I'm sure if he felt a prs event could benefit the range and the sport he might be open to looking at it.

Ol Russ! Not many ppl in the industry have an attitude like him. He is patient and positive. like I said the range isn’t set up for a prs match. Well their Insurence isn’t set up for a prs match haha

The Dead Zero range is nice. But I agree, I do not think it is set up to do a PRS match.
They do have a long range steel challenge once a month and they do a 600 yard Benchrest match that has a tactical class that is a fun day (laid back).
I would like to find a PRS close to middle TN.
Right now, K&M is the closest best thing but a bit of a haul.