• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing East Texas Buck

blklabs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2009
Huntsville, TX
This guy walked out and got hammered by the new rig from GAP. It was a pretty long shot, all 88 yards of it. 139 scenar hammered him in the shoulder and blew the top part of his heart up. Had a nice exit wound as pictured and a blood trail a blind man could follow. Just another example of a match bullet smoking an animal.

photo_6_9.JPG

photo_5_9.JPG

Re: East Texas Buck

No the neck was an old cut, I am guessing someone else tried to shoot him and just nicked him.

Great buck congrats!!

The hole in the middle of the neck is what??

And the cut on the spine looks likes a surgical cut (knife) where there is no blood? What happened there?

The hole in the middle of the neck looked like he had been gored. The cut on the spine was old and didn't have any blood, we guessed it was where someone had just missed him as it started on the top of one side of his neck and went down at an angle.

Could the hole in the neck be an old bullet entrance with the "cut" in the neck the exit? Nice rack by the way!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rm76</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could the hole in the neck be an old bullet entrance with the "cut" in the neck the exit? Nice rack by the way! </div></div>

It could be but I didn't see much of a hole after he was skinned.

Sweet....the GAP has blood on it now!

Nice buck.. I was wondering about the 139's capability as a crittergetter..guess this puts that to bed.