• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up East Texas Silencer Expo

HKpre86

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
East Texas
East Texas Silencer Shoot 2009

What: East Texas Suppressor Shoot
When: Saturday May 9, 2009, Begins at 11:00am and goes til dark
Where: Will be held on the new East Texas Rifle and Pistol Club shooting ranges.
Eats: Lunch will be provided for all paid members, cooked by Firebug!!!
Cost: $25 - this cost covers lunch, range time, and access to suppressor testing and manufacturers, Free to local law enforcement officers in uniform
Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...4384,-94.782572&spn=0.03253,0.054932&t=p&z=14
1045 FM 2011, Longview, TX, 75603
www.etrpc.com

We will be holding a primarily suppressed shooting event. There may be times during the day to pull out the unsuppressed toys, but, this event will be aimed at playing with sound suppressing devices.

John Titsworth of Silencer Research will be there to test your cans and see how they perform with other people's toys. There will also be plenty of opportunity to play will other cans that several dealers will have for demo and the occasional friendly fellow shooter.

This will be a great opportunity for anyone who is looking at purchasing a suppressor in the near future to come out a demo before you buy as well as ask plenty of questions.

Suppressor Manufacturers who have committed to attend:
AAC
Gemtech
JDW MFG
Longview Class III Arms
SWR
Silencerco
Liberty Suppressors
KNS Precision

We are still awaiting confirmation from the following:
AWC
Ops Inc.
Surefire
Tactical Innovations
YHM

DOOR PRIZES: every paid participant of this event will have their name placed into the drawing for various door prizes hopefully including suppressors, hats, t-shirts, and more

Prize List:
AAC M4 2000 - for raffle
SWR - Door Prize
Silencer Co. - .22 lr Sparrow
Liberty - .22 lr suppressor
Battle Cloth - voucher for Pouches
Plus other door/raffle items

*All suppressors won are subject to BATFE regulations and the winner must pay the $200 Tax Stamp

Like always, the safety of those attending will be our first priority. Anyone exhibiting any unsafe behavior will be asked to leave.

We look forward to seeing everyone there...

Re: East Texas Silencer Expo

Anyone going to this?

I am going to be at my father-in-laws house that weekend in Longview.I would like to meet up with whoever is going.

I am going and taking a good selection of YHM suppressors. Is it a competion or a play day

Doesn't mean much to anyone I suppose, but I'll be there. It would be good to meet some of you.

~bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kenco Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going and taking a good selection of YHM suppressors. Is it a competion or a play day </div></div>

Play

I have got some updates, Not much have changed. I will be set up and will be the rep. for YHM just look for my KENCO ARMS banner or a YHM banner I will have some YHM cateloges and door prizes to add. Come by and see me Gaupo is flying down and coming up with me.

Hey guys first post here! Quick question on the event. I just drove in today from Houston to attend the suppressor event tomorrow...BUT now the weather looks like it's going to be bad
frown.gif
Anyone have any plans on what will happen if it starts raining? I assumed it was an outside event, but maybe not? Also, drove by today to see if I could find where I needed to go in the morning, but couldn't find any signs. Anyone have a more specific address other than the FM-2011 road?

Thanks! (crossing fingers for good weather tomorrow!)

Staying at the Homewood Suites in longview - 205 North Spur at Hwy. 80...

Sure, sounds great! I really don't know my way around longview too well...where do you want to meet? And what time? Are you trying to be at the range at 11am? Or leave at 11am? I'm good to go at anytime.

meet you infront of homewoodsweets at 11:00 oclock i drive a green nissan xterra with lights on top

Ok sounds great! 4 door blue/green Cadillac here. See you tomorrow.

just got home from it, it was a real good turn out. here is me with my 7.5 on full auto with (check this out) a 4.5 inch 223 low pressure can. its braking all the rules with a fast twist. the back blast from the can was not bad and I am a lefty. Hughs Industries can At the can test it was a -20db sounds like a 22mag
kenwith75.jpg

Thanks again for having us down there with you!! It was a great time and hope it is a annual event. Your new toys should be on the way shortly;) I had a great time and it was nice to see a few of the hide members down there.