• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

East Tx Target Shoot Weekend COMPLETED!!! Pics Up

glocksig40

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2009
Noth Dallas 40 Texas
Figured since the dynamics of this shoot have changed so much I needed to change the initial post to reflect the current plan.

Arnold Ranch 3 Gun Challenge
May 28th-30th 2010
Crockett, Texas

We have evolved!!! This Memorial Day weekend shoot will be a run and gun with long range rifle, pistol and shotgun. Im turning 800 acres of woods, pasture and creek bottoms into an interactive and challenging shooting range for the weekend. Plan on getting your heart rate up, getting dirty and sending lots of ammo downrange. We will have 6 to 8 shooting stages set up around the place and each stage will take you thru 5 to 8 different target engagements. You will run, pull, haul, climb and shoot from prone, sitting, standing and elevated platforms. You will engagge targets from 10 to 800 yards or more. There will be steel targets as well as paper for scoring, little targets and big targets. Plan on 100 rounds of rifle ammo and about 50 rounds of pistol ammo. I will provide the shotguns and the shotgun shells. There will be scenario engagements that you will have to look for your target and think before you shoot. There will be obstacles to overcome and there will be some extra duty with your targets. How about some exploding targets for excitement? We will have a stage with tannerite and you will have to get your bomb out of the explosive storage, set the charge, run like hell to your shooting position and blow it up. We will also have a 5 engagement night stage after dinner. We will get to shoot at some paper to zero your rifles and a little time to practice with the sidearm before we start. After the last day time stage, if there is time, we will line up at the 1000 yard line and bang some steel until dinner. Plan to make a long day of heart pumping fun.
Just like the last shoot back in March, the food cost is $65. This includes dinner Friday night, breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning as well as lunch and dinner Saturday. Menu looks like Fat Ass Cajun pork chops and fried sweet potatoes Friday night, Fried catfish and fixins Saturday at lunch and BBQ Brisket and sausage with fixins Saturday dinner. Breakfast will be eggs and bacon/sausage.
I have about 8 bunks in the camp houses but plenty of room inside to throw down a cot if you like. Travel trailers and RV's welcome, so are tents or anything else you want to sleep in.

The cost of the run and gun is $25. This money will be spent on targets and range supplies and the remainder will be used to buy a couple of prizes. I know the fun and food will be worth a lot more than the cost.
Thanks go out to Captain Kick Ass and Misguided Child2 for the help and use of their equipment for this event. Anyone wanting to show up early Friday and help, please come on. I can use people who want to volunteer for RO's as well. Thanks for your participation.
Please let me know if you would like to come shoot with us.

[email protected] will get it done.

4/29/2010: I have 1 or 2 bunks still available.

5/4/2010: Donations to the match have started coming in so Im starting the list of the great vendors who have donated. Thanks to all of you who made donations.

1.Brownells: Rifle case, 3 AR mags and firearm wipes.
2.Sierra Bullets: Banner and a certificate for 5 boxes of bullets of winners choice
3.SWFA: Caps and $150 off scope certificate for each shooter
4.Stacy Pervis: (3) Certificates for duracoating, Bushnell HD Flashlight, (2) TAB Gear rear bags, (1) TAB Gear Shooting Mat
5. Redding Reloading Equipment: (2) 50% off Merchandise Certificates
6. Berger Bullets: (2) Certificates for 300 Berger Bullets
7. Midway USA: $25 Gift Certificate and Catalog
8. Alliant Powder: Reloading data booklet for each person
9. Barnes Bullets: DVD and data booklet for each person
10. Glock Store: (1) Waist band concealed holster (1) holster shirt
11. North Texas Rifle Precision: FREE Range Day with 2 guests
12. OTIS Firearm Cleaning Products: 1 rifle/pistol cleaning kit and 1 scope cleaning kit.
Stacy Pervis

Re: East Tx Target Shoot Weekend

Im working up a run and gun set up right now. We will have a good time with pistol, rifle and shotgun. I will provide shotgun and shotgun shells. There will be a couple stages with shotgun in place at the firing line for the shooter. If you are interested, please bring a sling for your rifle and a pistol with ammo and holster. We will run thru about 6-8 stages of shooting positions. It will be set up for accuracy and each shooter will be timed on the completion of each stage. This will be a long scenario taking you thru a 800 acre place. each stage will be completed by all shooters before moving to the next stage. Probably 1.5 miles thru the whole course. You will have a short break between stages to get water and rest.

I'd say 50 would be enough. I have a start on how the stages will be set up but since im not there right now, I cant say exactly how many targets we will engage. If it goes as planned there will be about 25 to 30 rifle engagements varying from 100 to 1000 yds, 8 to 10 pistol engagements from 1 shot to 5 shots per, and 2 shotgun engagements. We will have a few obstacles, shooting platforms of different types and positions to shoot from. This is not firm yet but im working on it. This will be a hike with weapons and all your stuff. If its too hard, I can cut it down.

Wow, this looks like a BLAST!!!!

I'm going to try to make this happen! My bud will probably want to come too. We'll figure something out... we'll probably share a hotel.

I will have the info out today. Because of the time it will take to run thru this course, im going to have to limit the number of shooters or cut the course down. Right now I have 10 people who said they wanted to shoot. I have about 4 confirmed for sure. I need everyone who wants to shoot to email me and confirm so I can plan accordingly. We may also have to cut down on the time to zero your rifles so we can get started earlier. I just need to know the number of shooters so I can plan to set up the range and make sure we have time to get it all done in 1 day.
my email is [email protected]

Planning is pretty much done. List of confirmed is at 8 with a few stragglers yet to confirm. This us a big place and I'm using google earth to plan target locations, shooting positions and routes that shooters will run from position to position. A couple of stages are going to test you and your fitness level. A couple will test your short range shooting with your rifle. Some long shots, pistol shots at close and far distances. Elevated shooting, shotgun shooting, running, climbing, pulling a load, and of course accuracy. You will be dragging when done. I'm trying to get 2 or 3 night shots in as well. Get ready for some fun.

You can walk if you want. Your time is a factor in scoring. If you want to be the big dog you go to run in the front. You need to remember that jar head training you did long ago.

I think misguided is more worried about his skirt dragging and collecting grit .......

lol man thats rough... I guess judges have to be in shape to keep up too huh...?

Won't be too bad. I'm arranging the stages so there won't be too much ground to cover. Only 1 or 2 with longer stretches. It will be more fun than work.

Stacy, that training was a LONG time ago. About 22,721 6 packs of beer, 167,783 marlboro reds, and 14,311 t-bones with all the fixins to be exact! Maybe I better stay on the porch and let blklabs look up my skirt again.

if I had to look up your skirt again, stacy would be having to pay me to come .....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwoolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, this looks like a BLAST!!!!

I'm going to try to make this happen! My bud will probably want to come too. We'll figure something out... we'll probably share a hotel. </div></div>

Your coming? Cool, man!

wow, u sure no how to hurt a boys feelings blklabs!
If you still got them encore grips when u head to stacy's bring em with. Please.

sure i will bring them. I had to give you a hard time man, you were down right cruel to poor old willard ...... haha

If theres any way for me to get this off I'm there.

Would it be cool to come out for a day?

It is ok for the day. But I need to firm it up in the next week or so to be sure of the number of shooters. Please email me so i can add you to the list. Im getting close to shutting it off.

Ive been asked about the round count a couple of times. The number of shooters will determine how many stages we complete. If we can complete 6 day stages and 1 night stage, there will be 70-80 rifle shots and 40-50 pistol shots. The shotgun ammo will be provided as well as the shotguns. There will be about 5-6 shooting engagements at each stage.
Im going to set up all 7 stages. If we are running short on time to get done, we will pick a stage to end on. We can have dinner and then complete the night stage. If we are getting done faster than expected we can go thru and pick some harder engagements from a couple of stages to finish out the day. I'd say bring at least 100 rounds of rifle and 50 rounds of pistol ammo. I will bring extra ammo for the .40 cal pistol and sell them at cost. Thats the only range ammo i have in abundance.

Still waiting on a couple people on the fence. If you want to attend, please confirm with email and hold your place. Still have 1 or 2 beds in the camp house as some who commited, have gotten wishy washy. Its gonna be a great time.

Come on guys, this is going to be a blast... stacyp and CKA are doing a lot to make sure of it. Come out and show us your skills...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come out and show us your skills... </div></div> or if you are like me, just come out to bang and pray for a hit, regardless of skill level, it will be a good time.

lol, I know exactly how you feel blklabs... and it will be a good time no matter what.

hehe...Hey ahh, blklabs... Who won the last shoot buddy?

Looking foward to this, if we are not going to shoot postional I'll shoot suppressed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hehe...Hey ahh, blklabs... Who won the last shoot buddy? </div></div>

It was luck. The last time was about how fast you could pull the trigger and I have an itchy trigger finger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking foward to this, if we are not going to shoot postional I'll shoot suppressed. </div></div>

We will be shooting from all sorts of positions. Normal prone, kneeling, sitting, from obstacles, under and over obstacles. It will be challenging.

I would like to see and hear your suppressor anyways 427Cobra, bring it anyways...

Man, I just saw 427Cobras prototype stock... I like it!!!

Yea, and bring a towel so you can wipe off all of the drool from everyone!!!

He might bring a guard with him. May be sleeping with it as well. How about it Cobra? You bringing the gun safe with you?

I dont think he wants to answer that because it could compromise the guns safety... lol

This is going to be a good time. Todd and I have been making a mobile shooting platform off of a flat bed trailer. It creates a 10'X10' surface area that elevates 9' high. It is almost complete and I will tow it down there for some fun stages and long shots.

I am going to make it down there friday morning to help you guys set up.

I'd appreciate any help if we have volunteers for RO's or anyone who can arrive early and help set up targets. Thanks guys.

I can't make it Friday but can stay as late as needed on Saturday to help clean up. I am looking forward to seeing all the rigs stretched out on the line. Last time there was easily six figures worth of gear laying out. Then night time rolled around and Capt Jordan had 20k worth of night vision to play with, haha.

Man NV would be awesome! I've always wanted to look through a NV goggles. This is going to be an awesome trip!

Does anyone have a nice video recorder for the shoot? I think it would be cool to have somebody run behind a guy and film his course run... I am going to bring a pretty decent camera with some lenses for some long distance shots.

I will have a small video cam I will bring just for that reason.

The NVG's that caption jordan brought were the coolest thing I have ever had the chance to play with, he also had some full autos, good times. Hope he comes again.

Yea that sounds great, I really want to be able to post up some vids and pics for the hide. Full autos, this just keeps getting better and better each time I read this thread.