• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

East VA long distance range

Dyer_MCSO

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2008
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Just moved to VA Beach. Looking for a range that has either some distance steel, or at least 300yards for paper. Anywhere that does PRS matches would be great too. Probably within an hour-90 minute drive ideally. Thanks!

You missed the Norfolk County Rifle Range matches at Moyock (Academi) this year. Mostly across the course service rifle but we get some non service rifle shooters who shoot at 200, 300, and 600. We also have a couple of CMP style Sniper Matches, 300 and 600 yards. Targets are up doe 45 seconds and down for 45 seconds. Their is gennerally 2 1000 yard matches a year.

I run a 100 yard reduced course at Lafayette Gun Club up in Dare, third Saturday of the month. We could come up with a 100 yard match of some type. I've been trying to figure out how to get new shooters involved. Maybe a monthly dot drill or 100 yard challenge.

Quantic Shooting Club is 3 and a half hours north. North State Shooting Club shoots at Butner NC, about 4 hours south west.

Reactions: Dyer_MCSO
@gunsnjeeps how about the nrl22 matches, all you need is 100yds, they provide a monthly course of fire and you buy their target package (which isn’t very expensive)

Seems like a good way to bring new people in with cheap guns and cheap ammo

the main PRS matches in/around VA are:

VPRC - which is held at VIR in Alton VA
Pigg River - which is held in Rocky Mount VA
Frontline Defense - which is in Warranton, NC (probably the closest to you) (this is also a legit range that you can go to and shoot regularly out to 1,000 yards. membership required)
Peacemaker - gerrardstown, West Virginia (same as above)

it took me a while to get into PRS because I hated that the matches were so far away. then i realized how fortunate we are to be within 3-4 hours of 4 matches. it's worth it