• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Easter Hospitaller Style

Wildwillalaska

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
And since I was already skipping work to pick up our boat today, figured I would sneak out to the range again this morning. Got a late start, so still beautiful morning, but wind was blowing 12-16 mph by the time I got there.

Even with the wind, still was finally able to find a couple loads the gun seems to like. Haven't found its favorite 175 Scenar yet, but it really likes the Berger 185's. Included are four of the better groups, and a 5th that would have been noteworthy but for me. The sled bipod is still eluding me. I had hoped to use it next weekend at a F/TR match, but may leave it at home for an Atlas until I get more time with it.

The 43.5 grains of Varget averaged 2709fps and the 46 grains of MR2000 went 2724fps. Need to get back out and shoot some 5-shot groups with both at distance and settle on one.

Thought I would post a quick pic of the road into the club, you'll note moose tracks and then the circular tracks that all have tracks in tracks are caribou. Our resident caribou herd migrates right through the range area each spring and fall, and the roads are easier to travel than the tundra, so they aren't bashful about using them.

Looks like lots of fun. Those 185s are moving pretty quick and shoot excellent. Congrats on a sweet rifle.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Congrats on a Beautiful Rifle!! That looks to be a fantastic combination with the NF sitting on top of her, and definitely a shooter!!! If I may ask sir where did you get the Olive Drab ammo wallet that's under the rifle? I have never seen one that holds that many cartridges? Thank you and congratulations again!!

I know it's not good for results but isn't there something fantastic about coffee and shooting?

Cold wet day in New England