• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Eastern Montana and Region (EMR)

MTETM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2007
Montana
The Washington and Pacific NW shooters have shown us all how this can be done. I thought it was time to try the concept for the "desolate" shooters.
We are trying to get regularly schedules UKD matches rolling locally, and I have heard rumors of others possibly getting started. It would be great to get some "organized" opportunities going in the region.

Feel free to add your $.02...

Re: Eastern Montana and Region (EMR)

Photos from last weekend.
9 shooters and a great day. Distances from 200ish to 880.

KYL's
IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3645.jpg

Barricade
IMG_3732.jpg

IMG_3839.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3820.jpg

Rims..
IMG_3766.jpg

4 targets visible in the pic. Due to fire hazards, target locations were much less variable..
IMG_3796-2.jpg

A few more...

IMG_3670.jpg

Target...
IMG_3792.jpg

IMG_3724.jpg

We had a great time...

Private ground - a couple of us shooting are related to the owner of it. Missouri Breaks south of Ft. Peck Lake.

The winds were messing with me I shot perfectly.....ha ha ha yeah right!?!?

Man there tain't nothing west of Jordan for roughly 110 miles????
wink.gif
Well, cept for wildlife! lol

Still beautifull country, used to drive that route often from GF back to SD in the late '70s. A couple times not leaving GF until after dark. Damn that was a lonely stretch and you better have bought gas before you left and not many convenience stores along that stretch either! Used to see some nice mulies!!!!!

Why oh why are all you LR shooters 200+ miles away??? Nobody here to shoot with except some lying full of shit deer hunters who "NEVER miss" they claim!!!
smile.gif
Oh well!

Am i allowed to check things out even though i am not a local? Looks awesome eric we are having a match sept. 10&11 if for some reason your 13hrs west of your homeland

SDWW...
Heck we are not any further than going to the big city shopping for the day!!
We are accustomed to driving a few hours for anything...we will travel to shoot!

We know how to miss too...

TSI, I hope you drop in and visit...No locals only around here!

We had a great day. You guys will have to find a time you can come out and join us. We are talking about a 3 or 4 match series next year.

Wish we could make the 10/11th, but family in town, work and wood cutting have to come first. Good Luck with the shoot. Post pics!

If you have a match schedule please let me know. We're chipping in for the winners table at TSI's "Field Shooter's Challenge" and I'll see if I can stir up some support for Montana matches as well.

Ranger,
I will get you some dates as soon as we have things firmed up. We are looking at a late fall shoot this year, then a series starting next spring.

Thank you for you interest. Several of us in the area would enjoy and support other "local" matches.

Too bad you guys aren't any further west! I'm in Butte finishing up my last semester of college and wouldn't mind meeting up with some guys while I'm out here.

We might know someone going to school in Butte...and playing ball there, that makes trips back and forth.... Friends son is going to school there and others here are in B-zone.

Very nice. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread now! If there's a possibility of catching a ride with someone anywhere west of where you're at, I'll have to try to make a shoot! I shot in the Montana Multi Gun last weekend but that's a whole different flavor of things.

I just moved to Montana been here 5 months. Are there any good 1000 yard ranges near Billings area? merlin45k out

Nice photos... I will have to make it to the next one... Thanks for the heads up Clodhopper...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: merlin45k</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just moved to Montana been here 5 months. Are there any good 1000 yard ranges near Billings area? merlin45k out</div></div>

Currently Billings and the area are limited to 600 yards on an actual range...Billings Rifle Club.

For 1000 in this area, you will need to find a place on public or private ground and have at it.

There has been work on a 1000 yard range in Great Falls for several years, but I don't know where it currently stands.

Glad you checked it out Humble.
I will have to check with MTETM to see if we can squeeze you in the next shoot.
You know its wall to wall people out there west of Jordan...

Just checked with a friend who is involved pretty heavy at the Great Falls range, The pit will not be compleated this year but they do have steel hanging out to 1400.
They are in need of more members, and and more members willing to build what someday will become the finest shooting range in the state.
Yes I have been to Missoula.

There are a few areas to shoot on public land within a hour or two of Billings. You can pretty much shoot as far as you want. More caution is needed during hunting season. I shoot 1000+ meters several times a month, weekly if my work schedule allows. This is field condition shooting without benches or other comforts of an organized range. Let me know if you want to shoot. We can put something together.

To all the Montana shooters out there, Magpul Dynamics is looking for potential folks to host some Precision Rifle events in the Big Sky Country! So far, I've got acess to some private lands outside of Helena which allows up to 2.5K meter engagements. What we need is some more input on some ranges within the state that will support distances of beyond 1100 meters as well as a good event host.

Anyone interested, feel free to PM me or send me an email to the information provided below. We're looking at setting up the 2012 schedule and I would like Montana to be on my list.

Thanks

Hey Guys, Caylen Wojcik from Magpul Dynamics has been stellar in supporting the SHWW group. He's a great guy to have working with you so take any opportunity you can to do so.

I'm pretty curious about shooting in the Billings area as well. I'm interviewing for a job out there on Thursday for when I graduate in December. I might have to join up with you guys (merlin & mtscott) if I end up getting the job and making the move out there!

mtscott,

Where are you shooting 1000+ around Billings? I am assuming BLM down by Bridger/Belfry?

Casey

Casey,
In the spring/summer I shoot down by Belfry and up north around Roundup and Winnett. PM me if you want to go shooting some time. This time of year it would have to wait until after rifle season. I also coyote hunt in the winter.

Hey all - MTETM, MTMHP204 & Co looking at match this coming spring. 5 matches planned starting April of 2012. We will post registration info when the dates are firmed up. In the meantime, I'll be practicing.....

Hey guys,

I just accepted a job offer in Billings starting January so it looks like I'm going to be moving into the area! I've only actually been to the city for one day, but it seemed pretty good to me! Any advice for a new transplant?!

I'll be keeping eye out for the spring matches! Hopefully before then I can get a little more practice in!

Can one just register for the sunday single person events, or do you have to do the team events also?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .280AI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Can one just register for the sunday single person events, or do you have to do the team events also?</div></div>

They will be INDEPENDENT matches. You do NOT need to shoot on both days. There will be a single sign up sheet per weekend and you will select the match, matches you want to shoot in.

The web site will be updated to clarify, Thank You.

Just went and looked at the pictures..... man that place looks like a shooters paradise! Maybe some of us WA guys can figure out a way to get out there this year!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You've got a house out there?</div></div>

No kidding...where about?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just went and looked at the pictures..... man that place looks like a shooters paradise! Maybe some of us WA guys can figure out a way to get out there this year!</div></div>

We will all be in WA in May...or we should be...

There's a LOT of folks with their fingers crossed right now, on that one...
wink.gif

I do have a house there. North East end of the Little Belt Mountains. Usually get over there every 2-3 months for a week or so, then as much as I can during hunting season.

LOL! Will be up in your area Ranger in Feb. Have to go see Defiance on the way over to checkup on the house.

Tribe,

That is where Jesse and I get our wind and high angle training! It blows a steady 10-20mph pretty much all the time and we have spots at around 9000 ft asl that we can shoot almost straight down. It really is paradise!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL! Will be up in your area Ranger in Feb. Have to go see Defiance on the way over to checkup on the house.

Tribe,

That is where Jesse and I get our wind and high angle training! It blows a steady 10-20mph pretty much all the time and we have spots at around 9000 ft asl that we can shoot almost straight down. It really is paradise! </div></div>
Holy smokes! Rent a bus and sell tickets to the SHWW guys for a weekend of high angle shooting! You'd make a ton of money.

Say HI to Glen for me, he's a great guy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL! Will be up in your area Ranger in Feb. Have to go see Defiance on the way over to checkup on the house.

Tribe,

That is where Jesse and I get our wind and high angle training! It blows a steady 10-20mph pretty much all the time and we have spots at around 9000 ft asl that we can shoot almost straight down. It really is paradise! </div></div>
Holy smokes! Rent a bus and sell tickets to the SHWW guys for a weekend of high angle shooting! You'd make a ton of money.

Say HI to Glen for me, he's a great guy!</div></div>

...uhhhh.... No Joke.
whistle.gif

Sorry for the Hi-jack EMR.... we'll be moving along now....
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tribe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL! Will be up in your area Ranger in Feb. Have to go see Defiance on the way over to checkup on the house.

Tribe,

Say HI to Glen for me, he's a great guy!</div></div>

...uhhhh.... No Joke.
whistle.gif

Sorry for the Hi-jack EMR.... we'll be moving along now....
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Tribe,
You guys are always welcome...

Ranger...good to see you here. Come on out east for a day..

I smell a road trip!! can we drink while riding on the short bus!! pretty sure its still legal in montana...

Make it a double wiskey and coke with wheels for me. I love montana I passed through a few months back. Count me in on a P dog road trip, that's my favorite spring activity.

Just a reminder.... Feb 10 is opening of registration for or first shoot of the year in April. April 14th is team match / April 15 is individual match. Have heard a lot of talk about people wanting to shoot not sure how fast it will fill up, but will keep you posted.

Info is on the website www.sageflatsshooter.com just click on the match info tab at the top of the screen. Give Eric or I a call if you need more details or have questions.

Registration is officially up on SFS. Dropdown forms are under the Match Info tab. To pay with credit card (Paypal), head to the online store. It should allow you to select both events (if you wish) and load them both to the cart. If anyone has issues, please let us know. See you all soon - the range and BBQ will be hot!