• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eastern PA?

Domestique

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2009
Reading, Pa
Is there anything going on in Eastern PA? The biggest range I have found so far is only 300 yards
frown.gif
I haven't had any luck finding any place to shoot at distance that isn't 3 hours away. I'm near Hamburg (Cabelas).

Re: Eastern PA?

hello hamburg!

i'm not sure as far as public ranges go, there is one sport'sman's club up my way that has 600 yards. other than some open fields here and there that i utilize, not much up my way.

factoryville sportsman's club. some nice 100-200yard ranges, and some decent pistol pits also. top notch skeet. they have a nice distance one behaind it all, not too busy either.

Hey TOP,

Do they hold the IPSC matches there?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a match this weekend in GAP here
http://www.nhrpc.org/MatchPrograms/nHRPC_Dec20Match.html

Match is full though. </div></div>

I know all about New Holland and I would love to join. They have work requirements that I simply cannot swing due to my schedule and distance from the club. I would love to shoot their though, thanks for the tip.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WPG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey TOP,

Do they hold the IPSC matches there?</div></div>

yeah, ipsc <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WPG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey TOP,

Do they hold the IPSC matches there?</div></div>,

yeah ipsc & idpa. some real good shooters and equipment there, especially the ipsc. ipsc race guns aren't my cup of tea though.

EDZ;
One advantage of Mifflin Co for people traveling a long distance to get there is that you could shoot there on Sat and then stay over shoot IDPA at Lewistown Pistol club (just accoss the valey) and then return to Mifflin Co to shoot again Sun PM (they don't shoot Sun AM as they are located behind a church). You can join both clubs for a total of about $65, so it is a huge bargain. How is that for a gun powder laden week-end?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Russ257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 on New Holland, I am a member there </div></div>

I'm a probational member there, disappointing because I was transfered for work and I think they're going to make me go through the whole process again since I'm shy on 1 workday and 2 meetings.

Excellent club, nice people and great facilities.

Negative sir.

I believe they are in an amnesty situation right now, and would certainly work that out with you.

Contact the membership coordinator, Dave H.

--Fargo007

Gents,

Those of you that are members of clubs, would you mind posting any up coming training/shooting events? Maybe we could ask mods to put up a calendar to give everyone a heads up.

I would like to get out to some shoots and meet up with you guys in eastern PA this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seuss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mifflin County Sportsmen's is in Lewistown and goes to 1k. </div></div>

MCSA is like a long range playground. Well worth it.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: arrrrgh15</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seuss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mifflin County Sportsmen's is in Lewistown and goes to 1k. </div></div>

MCSA is like a long range playground. Well worth it.
smile.gif
</div></div>

MCSA is a great place. My home range is only 300yards and a 22 mile drive. MCSA is around 200 miles. I usually go out shoot,stay at a hotel,shoot the next day and then go home.