• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eat less move more

Re: Eat less move more

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">-nuff said!

now to apply it to my lifestyle.......</div></div>

LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">-nuff said!

now to apply it to my lifestyle....... </div></div>

I think this is a big challenge for some people.

I would almost say it wouldn't be a bad idea to eat as much as you do now, only changing out everything with any kind of sugar in it(minus the occasional piece of fruit) and getting your balance of protein carbs and fat in order.

Actually one wants to eat more throughout the day, then less. You want to eat smaller healthier meals(5-8) in a day, then just say 2 or three. As for meals, they can be little snacks, MRP's(Meal replacment Powders,) whole meals.. The reason being is to keep the metabolism going throughout the day..

Also Drink Ice Cold Water, that keeps the metabo going too..

It's all about modertation, and portion control.. You want to eat healthier, but less is not more in this case.. More is Less..

Always start your day off with Something, it gets the Metabolism fired up.. You don't want to wait until Break time or lunch to actually eat something, that's not good..

I have a journal that I keep with my daily weight and everything I eat through out the day. That in and of itself will make u think about what your putting in your mouth. At first I wanted to stay at or under 1200 calories and it was a struggle but after the 2nd week it was hard to eat that much....but I didn't lose any weight after the initial 10 or so, I think my body went into starvation mode and stored all my fat (and I have plenty of it)
But I do agree with Moose on the Ice Cold Water, anything to keep that Metabolism going... I sit in my chair at my office waaaaaaaaaay to much, so I find myself getting up every so often and walking around the church hitting the treadmill at lunch.
baby steps...hahaha... of course this 60lbs is not coming off as fast as I put it on either..Grrrr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Musicman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a journal that I keep with my daily weight and everything I eat through out the day. That in and of itself will make u think about what your putting in your mouth. At first I wanted to stay at or under 1200 calories and it was a struggle but after the 2nd week it was hard to eat that much....but I didn't lose any weight after the initial 10 or so, I think my body went into starvation mode and stored all my fat (and I have plenty of it)
But I do agree with Moose on the Ice Cold Water, anything to keep that Metabolism going... I sit in my chair at my office waaaaaaaaaay to much, so I find myself getting up every so often and walking around the church hitting the treadmill at lunch.
baby steps...hahaha... of course this 60lbs is not coming off as fast as I put it on either..Grrrr </div></div>

Just keep at it man you're gonna get it. People do it all the time and so can you. For example:

attachment.php

I have found that just cutting back on calories and moving more helps me.

my wife can go 24 hours without eating. and she stays rail thin. i cant hardly go 8 without getting weak and shakey.

when we eat the quantities are very much just as polarized.....

Just move more.
The truth is that you can eat all you want IF it is the right food.
Eat all the chicken and rice, and all the fruits and vegetables that you may want all day long.
We need protein, 1 to 1 1/2 grams per pound of body weight.
Go to the link listed above (bodybuilding.com) read, they have workouts, nutritioal guides, and products.
No soda, No high fuctose sugar, No caffine, get off that shit it's killing you and it feeds cancers.
You will have a rough time for awhile but you'll make it, and you will feel better and shoot better.
Buy raw sugar.
Be happy and live longer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sniper's hide-for the serious excercise and nutrition enthusiast!

-things like that are what the bear pit's for. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fitness is a legitimate topic, but is it really a topic we need to add a forum for on this forum? Would a fitness forum become a cash cow with vendors vying to sell their wares, so we can then look forward to finding cases of protein bars on prize tables at matches? Would it be a new opportunity for opportunists to try to make names for themselves and sell their wares when they have nothing to do with shooting or the shooting community? I'd posit that the majority of shooters here are of above average fitness capability and training, and that a forum to discuss that is superflous.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just don't think we need a fitness forum.
</div></div>

...and yet here you are
wink.gif
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rarebreed93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy raw sugar.</div></div>

There is only a marginal difference in refined sugar (white sugar) and raw sugar. You may get a tiny amount of extra nutrients in raw sugar, but all in all, refined sugar isn't really any worse for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XxMerlinxX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rarebreed93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy raw sugar.</div></div>

There is only a marginal difference in refined sugar (white sugar) and raw sugar. You may get a tiny amount of extra nutrients in raw sugar, but all in all, refined sugar isn't really any worse for you.
</div></div>

Raw sugar has 14 vitamins and minerals that refined sugar does not.
If you have to use it, it may as well help and not hurt or be useless.

Great suggestion
Eat sugar to get minerals and vitamins..
hmmmm

smile.gif

I wouldn't say eat less. Consume more proteins, less carbs and portions control then MOVE MORE ;-). I dropped 28 lbs since May from 198 lbs to 170 this morning :)

I keep it simple. I work out regular...nothing super duper P-90Xish either. I don't eat until I feel like I'm going to bust. I don't snack much and I try to stay happy. I don't revolve my life around finding the right foods and staying on some strict dietary regimen. Nothing fancy.

This is definitely a challenge that I have.

1) I work out of my home 80%=90% of the time.
2) I have a sedentary job. I am not building things or even moving around a lot. Its intensive but its a mental intensive and task intensive thing. When you look at the actual physical motion, its a lot of typing and mouse clicking and talking.

I am curious what people in similar jobs who dont even have the ability to, say, take the stairs instead of the elevator, etc, do during the day to help the metabolism continue moving along, and to force some physical activity.

Right now I do about 30 to 45 min of cardio in the morning to get my body going and then do my actual targetted workout in the evening after the day is over.