• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eating Crow - multiple items for sale

ksville

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2003
Rural Oklahoma, 7 miles from town
To eat crow implies, at its mildest, an unpleasant action since the flesh of the crow is believed to be unpalatable. As an expression, it denotes the anguish of humiliation at having to admit to wrongdoing or fallability, usually in the wake of hubristic actions or words.

Three or so weeks ago I placed an ad to sell multiple items. I gave my usual "unconditional no questions asked money back if not happy with the purchase". It was a mix of stuff, Emerson knives, troy sights, troy rail, surefire light,helmit light, surefire mag. Priced the stuff pretty reasonable. The stuff sparked a lot of interest with questions, request for pictures, the "if it's this one I will take it, I will take it, would you trade for this?, how about $30 less than I asked. All very good legitimate offers and questions. After a day or two and seven hours on the computer trying very hard to put the "I'll take it" into chronological order, I realized that communication on the ad, PM's, emails and texts which are logged by different time zones, GMT, referance numbers ect..., I was way over my head and shotgunned out the "You got it", "I will get it out on Monday. Four of the five items sold were sent out on Monday but the fifth was high centered about two weeks late being sent out. I'm not much on excuses especially for myself and I made a real nice fellow from Columbia MD very angry. This fellow had the right to be angry. Just about the time he received his item and his hopes were high, I had sent an item that I had described WRONG. Now this nice fellow is really angry and he had the right to be. I created an ad that the delivery was FUBAR. I learned a lesson, I can make it right with this fellow and there is not a chance in the world that I will make this mistake again. If you are out there and my ad caused you grief in any way, let me know and I will fix MY mistake.
Have a Marry Christmas and may God bless our soldiers, their familys and all of you.
Ken Stuteville

Re: Eating Crow - multiple items for sale

Kudos to you for putting this out there. Very few would be willing to admit their mistake publicly the way you have. I didn't purchase anything from you but if you have anything in the future for sale that I might be interested in, I certainly won't hesitate in doing business with you.

Major props, man.

I sent you $19,500,000.00 for the knife but you forgot to send my $19,499,950.00 back with the knife

your friend,
Owahakuyo (prince of Nigeria)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent you $19,500,000.00 for the knife but you forgot to send my $19,499,950.00 back with the knife

your friend,
Owahakuyo (prince of Nigeria) </div></div>

LMFAO!

It happens, I once mistakenly described a scope for sale, buyer sent money promptly and I shipped the scope out same day, once he got it though he contacted me with the issue. I truly felt like a retard for it was such a basic thing to screw up, no excuse, but I sent him is money back and he sent the scope right back.

All you can do is learn from the mistakes and do better in the future, which it sounds like exactly what you are doing.

Well, hell, I'd buy from you. Shit happens and it's what you do afterwards that determines the real outcome. I'm sure the gentleman from MD will forgive you fully, if he hasn't already.

Explanation without excuses and commitment to make it right. What more could anyone ask for?

Accountability is so rare these days. Good for you, Sir!

<span style="font-weight: bold">I paid you for a Troy hand guard, waited 3 weeks, the box finally arrived, I opened it with anger and anticipation only to find this:</span>

31wcqfGe37L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">You stated the condition as "like new". It was clearly "well-used".</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I paid you for a Troy hand guard, waited 3 weeks, the box finally arrived, I opened it with anger and anticipation only to find this:</span>

31wcqfGe37L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">You stated the condition as "like new". It was clearly "well-used".</span> </div></div>

Nice vertical forward grip!