• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Eberlesock Gunslinger or Gunslinger 2?

verrocchio100

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2003
Pac-O
Hey fellas does anyone carry the standard GS or GS2?

Pros/cons, good/bad etc?

Need the inside compartment tall/long enough to handle a 24" tripod?

Suggestions?

Thx!

Re: Eberlesock Gunslinger or Gunslinger 2?

gs:
top loader

gs2:
top + front loader

short: i have the gs2. i'm used to top-loaders but with the rifle i like to be able to put the pack down and use the frontload (with the rifle in, you'd have to rest the weight of the pack on the rifle somehow if you are restricted to the top loader)

oh - and get 'dry earth'. a great colour

The GS 2 rocks.

Ill measure mine and let you know if your tripod could fit. I personally strap the tripod to the outside using the 2 horizontal straps n the pack, works great.

Measurement to follow...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: verrocchio100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome fellas!

Knight, I appreciate it! </div></div>

Not a problem...

Looks like your 24 inch tripod will be a few inches to long to fit inside the GS 2.

I use to have a Phantom, it may fit in that one as I remember the main compartment being a bit larger. I still prefer the GS 2 over the Phantom but mainly because it suits my needs more.

Take a look at the G3 Phantom.

I have the Gunslinger 2 and has been the best option to date for me. I can go from a AR to a AWSM and has plenty of room for my kit. Carries very well. JPG

Thanks for the info fellas...

Gonna call Glenn in the morning to finalize details.

Looks like the GS2 is gonna fit the bill!