• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eberlestock Chassis System

Re: Eberlestock Chassis System

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kickinneon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If its made anything like their packs it will be the shit. Cant wait to see more info on it.</div></div>

Surprised to see a Chassis system from them - but definitely excited to check it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AresSBR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surprised to see a Chassis system from them - but definitely excited to check it out.</div></div> From the company that revolutionized biathlon rifles with their new stock, I'm not surprised at all.

Am I missing something or does that only photo in the link not really show anything? Either way I can't wait to see what it looks like.

its supposed to pretty much show nothing, the pinnacle of a "teaser" pic

Any additional info on these since the show? Pics?

Eberlestock has released a couple pics of the new system. Not much info as of yet.

At the 2011 Shot Show, Eberlestock reminded the world that our company is not like any other gear company in the world. We focus on things that are effective, and things that matter. Below is our 2011 rifle stock system. Coming in summer 2011, this is a strong, lightweight, state of the art rifle chassis system. The folding model is the shortest-folding stock in the world. Bolt it onto your Remington Model 700 or Winchester Model 70, and you will have a whole new rifle. More information coming soon.
2011%20sniper%20system%20preview%201.jpg

2011%20sniper%20system%20preview.jpg

Looks really efficient. I don't know if I like it, but there is finally a chassis system for mod 70/FN spr and pbr,so i wont complain.

Had a chance to handle it and talk with Glen about it. These bad boys were ULTRA light and well thought out!!

As with every product they offer it was very impressive!!

Any idea on a price for these? Close to an AICS or closer to a DTA?

No cooties here.
It looks light and solid and I like the rail up front for a Atlas bipod.
Too bad they don't have an option for the AICS mag in the Mod 70 version though.

I will be very excited to hear more about these. Knowing a ball park price would be great. I have an SPR actioned rifle that would fit into one of these brilliantly.

+1 for being available for FN actions. I hope they make it compatible with AICS mags though.

I like it. Not sure about that front portion there, but I'm sure it serves a purpose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 for being available for FN actions. I hope they make it compatible with AICS mags though. </div></div>

From the way I understood the video the Inlet for the FN actions will take the FN mags and the inlets for the remington actions will take AICS mags...

I wonder what it will look like with a 16" barrel and an AAC Cyclone sticking out of it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aggiesig</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 for being available for FN actions. I hope they make it compatible with AICS mags though. </div></div>

From the way I understood the video the Inlet for the FN actions will take the FN mags and the inlets for the remington actions will take AICS mags...

I wonder what it will look like with a 16" barrel and an AAC Cyclone sticking out of it? </div></div>

Yes, that's what he said, but I'm hoping they will also offer an FN chassis that will take AICS mags. Having the FN action modified to accept AICS mags is a common practice. FN should consider doing it from the factory for their SPR rifles.

There is something to be said for across the board standardization. (everything feeding double stack AW mags :)) But after reading what Mr. Stiller and others on the forum here who know more about actions than I will ever will. There are some big question marks that come from "opening" up an action. That's why Stiller has different designs for the AICS system and the AW mag system, He is also strongly against the dremel/drill press/mill method of opening up actions to feed from larger mags than they were designed for... I'll see if I can find that post. Now if FN/Winchester/whoever would make them with that mag length cut into them from the factory (assuming they run the models and pressure test and they find everything ok before they put it on the street) that would be a different (exciting) story.

Will it fit my H&S pro series 2000 short action? How much and are you taking pre orders? Oh yah, what colors?

Everything you need, nothing you don't. Looks nice.

I am anxious for it to finally hit the streets. cant wait till they are on the market.

I am excited about these too. I hope they bring out both 5.56 and 308 versions. As one above said..everything you need, nothing you don't. Thas sums up Eberlestock's products in a nutshell. The guy just knows what works.

Does anyone have anymore info yet? I have watched the video on the website, emailed and called. It seems like nobody answers the customer service questions. I guess I'll just wait for more published info.

First precision rifle/chassis I have ever seen with a folding stock that folds in the right spot... finally!!!!

I'd love to know what it will cost, but regardless, I want one.

I too look forward to a price. I'm so glad i bought one of the last few FN receivers from CDNN

I called again and someone answered the phone. The story I got was that they will be emailing details out as soon as they are ready to make the announcement.

I haven't heard anything yet, maybe they are playing it close to the vest until their summer release. Does anyone else have any info?

Guess I am too old school. I'm sure it will be top shelf just not feeling it. Can't see it not being a good piece though.

Just saw this thread. Would have commented sooner...

Glen Eberle has put this project on hold for the time being, based on my last conversation with Eberlestock about a week ago. They are very busy with the release of 4 new packs this year. Most of Glen's time has gone toward that side of the business & the chassis system's pricing & time frame for availability are not on the radar right now.

I'm not saying that the project has been shelved, just that there is no short term or tentative date for launch of the chassis. I'd be happy to update this thread once Glen provides new information.

Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Who Dat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw the proto-type at the Shot Show. </div></div>
Me too. It appears to be a solid design. Too bad we'll have to wait a while longer before Glen rolls it out...

Thanks for the update. I didn't get a chance to go to SHOT this year, but if I had I would loved to have handled it. Keep us posted if you hear anything about the release timeframe.

Im sure this stock will be worth the wait. I have a lot of their stuff and its all great stuff. Glen as well , he helped me to get some pack straps in a hurry before my deployment.

Great company to work with!! Customer service was #1 with me

I called Eberlestock last week to see if any more info was available, no new details at this time.