• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eberlestock G4 Operator

Kevlars

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2011
USA
Ok -- So my wonderful wife is getting this bag for me. I have a custom M40 type rifle. From what I have read and watching the video on the site it appears that you are suppose to put the barrel down with the stock up. That configuration makes me a bit nervous. Does anyone own this bag that can tell me what the proper way is? I am concerned if I lose my footing while carrying the barrel facing down.. that I would hit the barrel. Again I have no experience with this bag so looking for advice. I do a lot of hiking and will be using this bag to hike with my weapon for training and for hunting purposes.

any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Eberlestock G4 Operator

barrel down. No issues. It is well padded, you can also use a muzzle/scope cover to protect even more.

Loosing your footing,same could be said about losing balance and hitting the muzzle up.

I don't like having a barrel sticking up in the air, if you ever hike in a stormy area with little to hide..you run the risk to attract thunder to that metal pole on your back..my 0.02

Had one for a few years, works great. I wouldn't worry about the barrel hitting something it should be protected fairly well. I would go with the terminator though, not the operator. I've been looking to upgrade for some time now. Just my 2 cents.

The reason I chose the operator is that I would always carry my rifle in the pack. Where with the terminator I would need an additional scabbard...either way I don't think I can go wrong with either pack.

I've owned & used the G4 Operator for about 3 years now ... it's the best pack I've ever owned & I'm pretty happy with it. It's amazing the weight/load you can put into it & how well it carries. Very comfortable & sufficient pouches/compartments to get your gear out quickly.

Barrel down carry is fine ... the scabbard has quite a bit of padding & I wouldn't worry about dinging the barrel in a trip/slip.

I've used the G4 in competitions since I've owned it ... it's pretty quick to load/unload the rifle & the pack is great to shoot out of.

Just my .02 -- good luck.

Bear