• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eberlestock Gunrunner or LoDrag

dk17hmr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2012
Wyoming
Im looking at these two packs and Im not sure which way to go. Primary use will be hunting. I set up a camp and hike in deep most days so I will be using it for a day pack. My normal day pack is a Camelback Mule, which is small but keeps me from over loading with extra stuff that I dont need. I keep the basics in my pack, knives, fire starters, food, water, little bit of first aid, zip ties, binos, range finder, gps, compass, and maps.

I dont like to haul around alot of extras and I dont ussally get more than 3 miles from camp, if I need to go further I move camp closer. The full water bladder in my Camelback is the heaviest part of my day pack. It would be nice to be able to haul some meat out with me but not really mandatory because I have a really nice pack frame that stays at camp until I knock something down.

Anyone running either of these packs for hunting?

Im 5'11" 190 pounds if it matters.

Re: Eberlestock Gunrunner or LoDrag

I've had both and the lodrag sounds like it would suit you best. I would call Ceylon here on the hide for the best details...

I use the Gunslinger II; no experience with the other 2----Ceylon is definitely your best bet

My dad and I both use GunRunners. For a mid size day pack they rock! Our normal hunting Rifles are small and light. One is a Ultra Light Arms rilfe and one is a Custom Remington Model 7 in 250 Savage. Not big heavy tactical rigs. They will carry a normal full size hunting rifle and normal 40-50mm scope no problem. Bipods make a tight fit. Here in WV we could and do cover many miles in the mountains in a day. Room for water, food, small first aid kit and things like flash light, knife, fire starter, with room to spair for extra layers. I carry a couple of extra straps so that I can attach my extra layers and shed layers to the out side and use the main compartment to come out heavy with boned out meat and horns. My favorite hunting pack!! I also have a gun slinger and a X1, Several other also that never get used much any more. No experience with the other pack you ask about. Brock

I had a lo-drag and I loved it. It's not too big but holds just enough stuff to go camp, hunting, or the range.

Go with Ceylon.... you won't be disappointed with his service.

As a backpacker who hunts I lust after an Eberlestock Dragonfly (military model in MultiCam). What better way to carry a rifle in rough country?