• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eberlestock Gunslinger 2 Pics with AI 2.0

johndoe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2005
Nevada
a9a64e39.jpg
e167769b.jpg
cedb9cda.jpg
24dd897d.jpg

1st picture rifle full length and that is the 26" barrel

2nd picture stock is folded buttstock down

3rd picture Folded muzzle down

4th picture is rifle full length buttstock down
with a cover that buckles to the top of pack.

Re: Eberlestock Gunslinger 2 Pics with AI 2.0

Having the rifle folded buttstock down had the load
centered the best on my back.

Having the rifle full length muzzle down
was the most unstable - top heavy

Good pics, thanks.

I now have a better idea how I should wear mine!

wink.gif

Thanks for the pics they are great

Is it a PITA to remove the rifle whilst standing?

I love my Gunslinger II. When you don't need to tote the rifle in it the compartment is also great for blinds, tripods, anything long, etc. A very versatile and good wearing pack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the pics they are great

Is it a PITA to remove the rifle whilst standing?</div></div>

Depends on the rifle, and configuration you're storing it in, but generally it's fairly easy. Definitely better to do it outside rather than inside though, or at least be mindful of the muzzle.

Right now we've got both the Ranger Green and Black Gunslinger IIs in stock.

I've been using an Eberlestock Gunslinger pack for some 3 Gun events and have found it to be a great pack.

The Gunslinger II is very nice, and fixes the one or two minor complaints I have about the Gunslinger pack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the pics they are great

Is it a PITA to remove the rifle whilst standing?</div></div>

When your pack has alot of things inside it is.

GG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: otis3d</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been using an Eberlestock Gunslinger pack for some 3 Gun events and have found it to be a great pack.

The Gunslinger II is very nice, and fixes the one or two minor complaints I have about the Gunslinger pack.</div></div>

What are the minor complaints you have with your Gunslinger? I have one, and quite using it at comps, in favor of a vest, mostly because of the hassle of getting my rifle in and out, without dismounting the entire pack....not to mention having to take the pack off to get anything out of it...I love it to the point where I do not want to get rid of it, but just wondering what improvements were made of the GS 2.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: otis3d</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Gunslinger II is very nice, and fixes the one or two minor complaints I have about the Gunslinger pack. </div></div>

Be very interested to hear what's been changed.
I ditched my gunslinger wayback after a couple of months use.
Be genuinely keen to hear if they've transformed it into a real pack.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the minor complaints you have with your Gunslinger? </div></div>

Last I knew, his main complaint was his inflatable sheep dont fit.

By far the best pack around. I so wish these were out when i needed it the most!!

Highly recommended piece of gear~~

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the minor complaints you have with your Gunslinger? </div></div>

Last I knew, his main complaint was his inflatable sheep dont fit. </div></div>

now that is some funny shit!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the minor complaints you have with your Gunslinger? </div></div>

Fussy, over complicated and zippy, built for gadgety looks and not to for durability (ie not simple & soldier proof).
Had the feel and look of a far-east pack, flimsy thin materials.
Uncomfortable shoulder harness (adjustment point bulges into spine between shoulder blades).
Pack too short to use the hip fins as load bearers - acts as belly belt.
And, from memory, the pack compression straps didn't cinch the load to the back pad -meaning that the pack swung freely from side to side when no rifle was in it.

Other than that, all good
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the minor complaints you have with your Gunslinger? </div></div>

Sure they do, you just have to know how to stuff them...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Training Wheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the minor complaints you have with your Gunslinger? </div></div>

Sure they do, you just have to know how to stuff them...</div></div>

Is there a 'special' compartment for the velcro gloves?

Anybody else have problems or wish they could keep the rifle
strapped in? Im worried that If you keep the rifle muzzle down
which makes it really top heavy and try taking pack off to retrieve
said gun. There is a point as soon as the straps clear your shoulder
that the pack will swing down pretty heavily.