• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eberlestock Gunslinger II, Feature Mods from Factory

ceylonc

Eberlestock Dealer
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2006
Memphis, TN
'Hiders,

Just wanted to bring you guys up to speed on an email I received today from Eberlestock. It looks like they have made some updates to the design of the Gunslinger II pack, giving it a more stable platform with heavy loads. Instead of me going through these new features, I'll just copy/paste the message from Eberlestock:

The G2 Gunslinger ll has been one of our most popular and bestselling packs since its release in 2009. Over the lifespan of this pack minor changes have shaped the platform and transformed it into a ruck that has served a multitude of purposes. From a combat ready assault pack to a remote hunting survival pack the G2 has proven itself as a leader in the mid-sized tactical and hunting markets.

Today we would like to introduce you to the next evolution of the Gunslinger II. The first enhancement to the pack is our new Intex II aluminum frame. With the addition of this frame, the user will now be able to utilize a solid platform that’s designed to add strength and stability to the pack. This system is designed to be interchangeable with an alternate frame (coming soon). Or, the frame can be completely removed (ideal for using the bag as carry-on luggage), allowing the pack to revert back to the traditional G2 platform. This new set of features is going to allow the user too completely re-think what is possible with a G2.

The other two additions to this pack include: a redesign to the back padding and new placement of the load adjuster straps. By re-configuring the padding on the back, we created a system that covers critical comfort points on the users back, allowing for maximum breathability and optimal contact points; the padding is more efficiently placed and is comfortable and stable with either direct-wear or with body armor. The new placement of the load adjusters allows the user to compress the scabbard compartment in a way that is in balance with the load on the pack. It is a simple and efficient way to dampen the movement of a weapon being carried in the scabbard.

Please note:
-- We no longer plan to make the G2H in our hunting camouflage patterns. For customers interested in a similar pack in hunting fabric and camo, we recommend the M5 Team Elk pack.

I'm VERY excited about this "2.0" version of the Gunslinger II, and hope to have a demo version in stock within the next 3-5 days. I'll get some pics up, and give you my thoughts regarding the latest, greatest Gunslinger II. While the existing version has certainly held it's own as a durable, well designed ruck, it is good to see Eberlestock making tweeks & improvements for future users of their gear.

Below is a graphic that shows some of the updates. The camo pattern shown is Eberlestock's UNICAM II, which has proven to be a big hit since it's introduction last Fall.

Thanks for looking & stay tuned for more updates here,
Ceylon
deltaoutdoorsman.com

G2flier_zps2f0a0777.jpg

uh ... ideas and ideas and questions:
- any idea whether the intex2 is compatible with the 'old' gs2 packs? don't make me buy a second gs2 ....
- any idea whether it's possible to upgrade/send in the old gs2 and get the mods done? all seems pretty modular to me. just the shoulder nad hip-straps ... not sure about the intex frame. well, the load just is probably something you can't fix. but i'll let them surprise me.
- can you run the intex2 frame with straps only? so that i can haul meat without drowning my pack in blood ... (i like to use the gs2 for hunting in my area - eastern alps/europe)

ps: seems that eberlestock updated/upgraded their homepage. i like the now overview of packs alot better

Last edited:
Would love to see some more pics or a video when you get them in. Thx

Ceylon,
After purchasing a brand new GSII in the UNICAM II a month ago, how much more will be the upgrades, if it's upgradeable?

Ceylon,
After purchasing a brand new GSII in the UNICAM II a month ago, how much more will be the upgrades, if it's upgradeable?
In the interest of full disclosure, this update had not been circulated or mentioned to the Eberlestock dealers until YESTERDAY! I didn't have any knowledge that design changes were coming for the Gunslinger II, and was quite surprised with the info contained in my email from Eberlestock. I spent close to an hour on the phone with them yesterday afternoon, trying to get the lowdown for the changes, and will be sure to provide additional info once my demo is delivered. Regarding the possible frame compatibility between the "old" GS II & the "new" one, I'm waiting on an answer from Eberlestock...

Just heard back from Eberlestock & existing Gunslinger II packs don't have the design to allow a refit to the new Intex II frame. Sorry for the bad news...

Ceylon,
Is there going to be a price increase on this new model, or will it stay the same? Really glad they came out with this upgrade..... just bummed I bought a GS2 with that damn worthless endo frame. Guess it's time to see if I can sew some velcro tabs to hold the endo in place.

Looking forward to your review and the frame options. Could there be a promo buy in our future?;)

Ha that figures I just bought one in multicam.... Seems like whenever I pick something up the new version comes out. Oh well it's a great pack

Still happy with my GS2's, but the internal frame and extra padding sounds like a great upgrade to an already great product.

I love Eberlestock quality.

That said I would be very wary or the new Glunslinger 2 tubular frame.
Tubular frames are not as rugged as flat bar aluminum stay internal frames. Drop that pack when heavily loaded and you may very well bend the bottom of the tubular frame and greatly weaken it once the tube is creased.

I love Eberlestock quality.

That said I would be very wary or the new Glunslinger 2 tubular frame.
Tubular frames are not as rugged as flat bar aluminum stay internal frames. Drop that pack when heavily loaded and you may very well bend the bottom of the tubular frame and greatly weaken it once the tube is creased.

That's true, IMO. While I don't have an Eberlestock ruck, I do have an older Gregory pack, with the flat bar aluminum stays. I would be very hesitant to go from a pack with that design, to one that has a "tubular frame", if for no other reason: durability. My pack is used pretty hard for 7-10 day hike-through camping. The last thing I would need to happen is my frame breaking on me on day 2 of a 10-day trek. Not saying it can't happen to a pack with stays like mine, but I'd be hard to convince that the tubular design is as strong as the flat bar design. This is NOT to say Eberlestock doesn't make a good product, I'm sure they do, but I'd probably choose a product of theirs that does NOT incorporate a tubular frame. Something to consider.

Are these packs still loud ? Someone told me they make a ton of sound when walking

I have one and it does not make any noise when I walk unless something inside the pack is rattling (ammo in those plastic reloading containers for example)

Also interested in hearing a first hand account of this pack.

I received my first "demo/floor model" from Eberlestock this past Friday. I'll get some pics & thoughts updated here asap.

Thanks for looking,
Ceylon

i'll need to upgrade as this was really the only feature i felt was missing from the GSII for a hunting pack. so My Ranger green one will be in the PX shortly.

Ceylon,

How does the new Intex II frame compare to the current frame of the Phantom?

After looking at my brand new GSII without the frame and considering the size of the main compartment, the frame is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
If you need the added strength of the frame utilize the frames strength and go to a larger pack.

I do have the unicam II and it's 'bout perfect...

After looking at my brand new GSII without the frame and considering the size of the main compartment, the frame is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
If you need the added strength of the frame utilize the frames strength and go to a larger pack.

I do have the unicam II and it's 'bout perfect...

You don't think the frame would help with the way the load is distributed? Looking at it (admittedly with limited information from the photos) it seems like if you had something heavier in the pack, the frame would help the load transfer to the straps and waist best. Maybe not though, just thinking out loud I suppose...

You don't think the frame would help with the way the load is distributed? Looking at it (admittedly with limited information from the photos) it seems like if you had something heavier in the pack, the frame would help the load transfer to the straps and waist best. Maybe not though, just thinking out loud I suppose...

Not trying to be sarcastic, but if you are transporting concrete blocks, then a frame may add support. IMHO, the pack's size dictates somewhat the scope of mission and in my mind that size is to keep things light and right. Right tool for the job and those tools vary in shape, size, and purpose.

Not trying to be sarcastic, but if you are transporting concrete blocks, then a frame may add support. IMHO, the pack's size dictates somewhat the scope of mission and in my mind that size is to keep things light and right. Right tool for the job and those tools vary in shape, size, and purpose.

Fair enough. I'm looking at it from the prospective that when I hunt, it's nice having a versatile pack that will carry your equipment with enough rigidity that it doesn't shift around too much. It seems with the way the scabbard spaces the main pack away from your body a bit, the frame would be good when you're hiking for miles during a hunt.

I have not had a chance to try out the Eberlestock packs so this is all speculation, but hopefully we will see some comparisons soon!

Last edited:
Any updates for us Ceylon?

Sorry for not updating this thread with some pics already. The last 10 days have been total chaos, but I hope to have some pictures added here within a day or so.

Bottom line, I really like the Intex II frame for the Gunslinger II, and the movement of the load lifter attachment points to the sides of the scabbard should help with overall stability with heavy loads. I haven't received much feedback from customers yet, but expect the opinions to be positive.

Last edited:
Really interested in your review of the new frame Ceylon, as well as using the Endo frame and whatever info. you can share about the other "soft frame" that Glen eludes to.

Really interested in your review of the new frame Ceylon, as well as using the Endo frame and whatever info. you can share about the other "soft frame" that Glen eludes to.

Unfortunately, I got nothing regarding the "soft frame" Glen mentions on the website. I have been told that it is still in the prototype stage, and that they are uncertain as to whether it will be brought to market or not. It is supposedly a hybrid framesheet with integrated aluminum stays that can be easily installed/removed. I'm hoping that their testing merits it's release this Fall, but right now I don't have anything definitely as to whether it will be available or go into the trash bin...

I'm still evauating the GS II with Intex II frame. So far, I LIKE the setup. They have also added the Intex II frame to the G4 Operator pack, which could really add some stability to that pack when running large loads.

I'm definitely interested in what they come up with for the "soft frame" as well.

Ceylon, sent you a PM...Looking for a new GS II in dark earth, along with some accessories.

How bout some pictures and review Ceylon?

Any more info. on when the Intex II frame will be out in the Operator?
I just got my "demo" G4 Operator with Intex II frame delivered last week. They are available NOW. This is one reason why I haven't updated this with pics. Wanted to get both the G4 and G2 with Intex II frames side by side...

Hope to have this updated with pics this week. Been very busy, but I'm going to try...

will they start delivering Multicam packs with matching multicam webbing ? I see they do it on the UNICAM II and there was an ATACS prototype at SHOT with matching webbing. thanks

Any more info yet Ceylon? How is the new frame working out in the GSII and G4?

Funny you should ask... The photographer emailed me this morning & said everything would be ready this afternoon! I'll start putting everything together & upload to Photobucket tonight & tomorrow. Hope to have some details & good pics up soon.

Regarding the Intex II frame for the GS 2 & G4, feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Greatly improves the overall stability with large loads. Time will tell, but I think this system is a nice improvement to the overall system & design of each respective pack...

Any idea when Dry Earth is available for the G4?
Going through the usual confusion, back and forth between GSII, Phantom, Operator, F4 and J79.
Primary use is 3 gun + range, but I bring a chrono, tripod and spotting scope with me, among other things. Intent is to add a scabbard on and literally 'grab and go' with nothing else needed.
The side pockets of the Phantom, Operator and J79/skycrane make it seemingly more convenient for my load, and I'm not a big fan of zero compartmentalization/lacking pockets/separators.

I'd like to be able to 'dual use' it, meaning also use it for travel/camping/etc trips of multiple days.
Leaning towards the G4 Operator at the moment for best bang for the buck/purpose and being more likely to be able to expand it's usage beyond range only.
Which colors are available with the new frame? Is there a plan to roll out the same changes to the J79/F4 etc.?

Any idea when Dry Earth is available for the G4?

It is currently available WITH the Intex II frame! Actually, all the G4 pack options are available for immediate shipping at this time. All use the Intex II frame now as well.

Regarding the rest of your post, I got your email a few minutes ago & will put together some info for you.

Thanks for getting in touch!
Ceylon

p.s.--still putting final pics together to update this thread. Hope to have them up this weekend.

It is currently available WITH the Intex II frame! Actually, all the G4 pack options are available for immediate shipping at this time. All use the Intex II frame now as well.
Regarding the rest of your post, I got your email a few minutes ago & will put together some info for you.

Thanks for getting in touch!
Ceylon

p.s.--still putting final pics together to update this thread. Hope to have them up this weekend.

Heh, I saw you were also recommended on benos + arfcom both, so will assume I'm in good hands.
I think after a ton of back and forth, I'm leaning towards the Intex II G4 in FDE or Coyote, + A2SS, a hydration bladder and a pair of accessory straps.
Would love to pick up a padded shooting mat at the same time, but it's just getting into too much $ for me at the moment.
The J79 is awesome, but by the time I add in a full scabbard + SG scabbard, just too much. Also hoping they're make a 'dual compartment' little brother version and may look at in the future.

Looking forward to the mail.

I just received an Eberlestock Gunslinger II pack as a birthday present, and I'm working on putting it through its paces right now. I'll be sure to update this thread as my experience with the pack gives me more to talk about. Here's my thoughts so far:

First, about me:

I'm a lifelong hiker/backpacker, and I've carried a lot of heavy loads in various packs over the years, mostly in mountainous terrain. I've carried ultralight backpacking setups, and I've carried 70+ lbs in mountaineering packs for winter climbs. I've never found a backpack that I think is "perfect", but I have enough experience to know that nothing is "perfect" when you're humping 70lbs up a mountain in a blizzard!

I'm 5'10" tall, 185lbs. Medium athletic build.

Now, for the pack (again, initial impressions here):

On my scale the empty pack (without a water bladder or the butt cover) weighed exactly 7lbs. My initial trip out with this pack involved a fairly heavy (but not ridiculous) load of 43lbs 11oz, and consisted of some of the following items: AR-15 with a 16" barrel and collapsible stock, three loaded 30-rd magazines, a 100oz water bladder, a 32oz Nalgene water bottle, a shooting tripod, my precision rifle's rear bag, a couple of MRE's, an Outdoor Research bivy sack, standard outdoor clothing for a 20 degree Colorado day (it wasn't 20 degrees, I just loaded like that), a rangefinder, some everyday hiking equipment (map, compass, gps, whistle, tp, etc), and probably a few other things I'm currently forgetting. Again, total weight out the door was 43lbs 11oz.

I only completed a short hike with this load, which consisted of a 1.5 mile climb of probably 600 vertical feet, and then a descent of the same route. I completed this hike at the fastest pace that I could manage to maintain, due to an approaching thunderstorm.

Some observations are as follows:

1) Having a rigid packframe will probably help with heavier loads. Although this pack is relatively small compared to the BIG packs, it's easy enough to get some serious weight in there (relative to the pack size) if you are carrying a rifle, ammunition, water, shooting supplies, etc. The pack carried the load with pretty good balance, and I felt confident in areas where I was stepping over large rocks, walking on boulders, or otherwise on unstable terrain.

2) The Intex frame has a weird design with the way the bottom flap interacts with the bottom bar. I haven't yet come to a conclusion about this piece, though I do think it may be in a decent position for lashing a load to the pack if the pack was empty, and a game bag was being used for meat hauling outside of the pack bag. I'll think about this more as I play with additional packing options. The part I believe could be improved would be increasing the size of the bottom pack bag flap so that more gear could be lashed on the outside of the pack in this location. Plenty of Molle webbing still makes this very possible, but the flap seemed pretty well maxed out with just an Outdoor Research bivy bag stuffed in it the other day.

3) The load lifters being moved to the side of the pack were cited by one user as being a feature that improves load stability. Having not used Eberlestock packs in the past, I can't really say if this improved things over the previous designs. All in all I felt that the pack was pretty stable on relatively rough terrain. But, I do have a couple of gripes with this new setup: unlike traditional load lifters (located above the shoulder pads), the side mount for these lifters makes them rather difficult for me to reach while wearing the pack. I typically adjust my lifters throughout a trek as terrain/comfort dictates for me, and I do notice a negative difference in my ability to reach these straps. The side-mounted design of these lifters also seems to pull the shoulder straps outward a bit, more than purely upward. I've yet to decide if this is an advantage or disadvantage for me, and I believe the answer probably lies in an individual's own body type. I will say that unlike some pack designs I've used with heavy loads in the past, I felt that I was able to utilize the sternum strap without feeling like it was constricting my breathing... this may be in part to the fact that the side-mounted lift straps tend to move the shoulder straps a bit to the outside.

4) The new padding design on the pack is a bit of a mixed bag for me so far, at least compared to traditional padding designs. The padding design seemed pretty comfortable on my upper back, and allowed for decent airflow to keep sweat to a minimum. However, I definitely noticed the lack of a lumbar support piece on this new pack design. By the end of my maiden hike with this pack I noticed a bit of discomfort in my lumbar area, almost exactly where the lower bar of the metal packframe runs behind the back padding area. No sore spots developed, but it will require a longer hike before I can say if that will be the case on most hikes. This issue didn't really become noticeable until I was quickly descending the route I had walked up previously. The addition of a lumbar pad to this area could prove helpful, and not having anything in such a critical location seems a bit illogical to me (NOTE: I was loaded fairly heavy and on fairly steep terrain with a new pack during this test, so I'm not calling my findings on this issue conclusive at this point). I may play with the shoulder harness adjustments a bit more before I decide how I feel about that lumbar issue. I'm currently set to the longest setting available on the pack, which felt like the best/correct fit for my size when I initially played with the pack at home. But, given my height and torso length, it would seem a bit odd if the perfect adjustment for me would be on the highest (longest) setting. There are a lot of folks out there hiking who are taller than me, with longer torso lengths!

5) The pack color I received was a "military green". I like it pretty well so far. It seems like it will blend fairly well with the greener vegetation here in Colorado, even among the scrub brush crap we have here at the 5,000-7,500 ft elevations. I imagine it will do just as well in the higher elevation forested areas of the state. This color seems to be pretty versatile, and has some brown and gray undertones to it. It worked well against the scrub vegetation I encountered on my hike, and also blended pretty well among junipers, blue spruces, and even among some boulders I found during a second short hike at the 9,000 foot elevation. It's obviously not a camouflage pattern, but as solids go I think it will work well (and is pretty discrete). I plan to get some representative pictures of this pack in the natural environment during the next few days, and will post them once I have them available. My initial impression is that this color will probably work a bit better than "dry earth" for most applications in my state above the plains elevations (and not in the very arid/desert areas on the western slope). Honestly, it would probably take a side-by-side comparison of these two colors to say for sure, but I like this one pretty well so far.

6) The pack scabbard was able to fit my precision rifle (with a 50mm objective S&B scope and a bipod) without any trouble at all. The butt of this rifle obviously extended above the top of the scabbard though, as intended in the design. The tightest fit I've tried so far was my AR-15 with a 30-rd magazine and flashlight, and an Eotech mounted on the top. It fit in the pack just fine, but it was definitely a bit tighter due to the "height" of this rifle (from the bottom of mag to top of Eotech). I will say that the length of the pack scabbard does a pretty decent job of concealing such a rifle. With the butt stock collapsed, the rifle only sticks up over the top of the scabbard by about an inch. By tucking the "butt cover" over the rifle and fastening the two buckle clips above the scabbard, the rifle completely disappears from sight. Just to put this concealment in perspective, I went for my hike with this setup on a very popular near-town open space trail where a visible gun would have probably drawn unwanted attention. Although a couple of hippie-looking folks commented about the fact that my pack looked heavy, they obviously were completely unaware of the fact that it was carrying a rifle. That's a plus in my mind, for those times when discretion is important!

7) The access design for the main bag is one that I like pretty well so far. The zippered front panel access is ideal for reaching things that might be buried in the pack, and the ability to top-load the pack helps in those situations when you're really jamming stuff in to the limits of the pack. The outside map sleeve is nice for me, since I hate having to dig into a pack to get a map when I need one. The two side pockets are alright, but I feel that the pack bag's lower compression strap gets in the way of these just a little bit... the pockets are still fully useable, but it might be a bit limiting for trying to stick the ends of a tripod or trekking poles into those pockets and then lashing them to the side of the pack (I'll play with that more and report back). On the subject of compression straps, I do think the pack compresses very nicely to handle loads that vary from a virtually empty pack, to loads that look like a pregnant rhino. The top portion of the pack has a fleece-lined pocket that is presumably intended for glasses. My shooting glasses/sunglasses did fit in this pocket, but I think it could have been made just a little bit bigger to better accommodate these items. The main top portion of the pack has two pockets that work really well for 30-rd P-mags, as well as a few organizational pockets that seem reasonably useful (good spots for a data book and some writing utensils, for example). The pack has two water bladder sleeves that are mounted as close to the back of the pack as possible, basically just behind the scabbard. This is a normal and good place to put these pockets. I will say that I'm not sure how much I believe the manufacturer's claim of being able to hold two 100 oz bladders in these pockets. Admittedly, Eberlestock uses a Source-brand bladder for their packs, and these may fit well. But, I will say that the 100oz Camelbak Chem/Bio reservoir from my work pack is a pretty tight fit in this pocket (in fairness, I did get it mostly in there, after removing a bit of water from the bladder). The bladder sleeves do work very nicely for a standard 1L Nalgene bottle, and I carried a bottle in one of the sleeves during my hike. I think this is a pretty reasonable setup for my tastes, because I never like being totally dependent on my water bladder (I've had a few break over the years). With the design of this pack I can easily place a bladder in one of the sleeves, and a bottle (or thermos) in the other.

Anyway, that's just a few things I've noticed so far. I'll probably have a lot more solid opinion of the pack within the next month, but I'm still only two hikes into the pack so far.

Last edited:
Very informative review!

The main question I have is does the new internal frame shift the load to the waist belt, easing the load on the shoulders? I've always thought Eberlestock made good, innovative packs for rifle transport but missed the boat big time by not including an internal frame to put the load on the waist belt. Fill an original GS II up with a rifle, ammo, water and a bunch of other gear and it feels like its going to pull your shoulders off. Not comfortable at all IMHO for even a short trek.

A good, load shifting frame is one of the main features that makes Kifaru and MR so popular for carying heavy loads. Interested to see if Eberlestock has nailed this with their new frame.

Very informative review!

The main question I have is does the new internal frame shift the load to the waist belt, easing the load on the shoulders? I've always thought Eberlestock made good, innovative packs for rifle transport but missed the boat big time by not including an internal frame to put the load on the waist belt. Fill an original GS II up with a rifle, ammo, water and a bunch of other gear and it feels like its going to pull your shoulders off. Not comfortable at all IMHO for even a short trek.

A good, load shifting frame is one of the main features that makes Kifaru and MR so popular for carying heavy loads. Interested to see if Eberlestock has nailed this with their new frame.

To be honest, I never carried the old Eberlestock packs, so I don't have an apples-to-apples comparison to give you. With that said, I have carried frameless/light-framed packs in the past, so I do understand the shoulder fatigue of which you speak. The new internal frame does seem to relieve quite a bit of the shoulder burden, as it should. The frame itself is tubular metal, and looks more like an external frame that is pushed into the guts of the pack... but it seems to work, and looks nicer than what I just described in the last sentence! The point I was trying to illustrate there is that the frame is totally rigid, and does move the weight towards the hip belt.

However, as I mentioned above, the shoulder lift straps are in a bit of an odd position, at least in my opinion. As such, I don't think you can pull as much shoulder pad vertical lift as you could on a conventional pack, which does somewhat limit your ability to take load off of your shoulders. Still, *some* weight should be carried by the shoulders, and I haven't found the burden to be unreasonable so far (mostly carrying between 25-45lbs -- two more hikes with the pack under my belt since my last post). Although I have extensive backpacking/mountaineering experience, I haven't been doing any of that stuff recently due to scheduling issues. As such, my trap muscles were just a bit fatigued after the first heavy carry with this pack... but I don't think it was the pack's fault as much as just a reconditioning of the muscles. To qualify that statement I would say that I've had the exact same experience when carrying my Dana Designs Terraplane pack after a long absence (and that's a well-designed pack from a now defunct manufacturer you may recognize, because Dana from "Dana Designs" is the same guy who founded Mystery Ranch).

So, that's a long and wandering answer to your question, but I'd be inclined to say that the new frame system works well for the issue you mentioned. The frame is supposed to be removable in this pack, and I've been planning to try a hike without the frame to see how it carries. Unfortunately the flat webbing that runs through the ladder buckle that holds the frame in place on the pack's bag has a velcro "tie off" attached to the end of it (to take up the slack in that strap). It doesn't look like that piece will push through the buckle, so I think I'd have to cut it to pull the frame out, which is something I don't want to do. It isn't a critical part, to be sure, and I should take a picture of it to show you how trivial it is. Still, I don't want to hack off part of the strap if I don't need to. I got bored playing with it today, so I'll see what I can do with that tomorrow and report back.

Recently got a G4 Operator from Ceylon with the new frame. Compared to the Gunslinger 2 I have with the endo frame, in my humble opinion, the intex is a vast improvement. I must admit that I had been using my Gunslinger improperly adjusted for my frame for awhile, so that may cloud my judgment a bit. There is a video link on Eberlestock's website that shows how to properly adjust these packs for the best fit and it's worth checking out if you are not quite getting comfortable - Backpack Tech Tips - scroll down to "fitting our packs".

Am a little disappointed that Ceylon hasn't updated this thread, as he's told me on the phone that he has all the photos and review completed. Hopefully he'll find time to share his update with us all soon. I'm sure he's super busy as always. At any rate, thanks for another great pack Ceylon!