• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eberlestock Gunslinger Pack

usmcmk12

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2013
California
I was thinking about getting a new drag bag to replace a beat to shit voodoo tactical one with a worn out zipper when I came across this:

Eberlestock Gunslinger II

Whenever I'm out hiking around in the mountains target shooting/hunting it's a big pain having a pack for the rifle and a separate backpack for food water etc. Slinging your rifle is a pain for moving any long distance as well and it can get beat up especially if you slip/fall/travel in rough terrain. This pack combines both which is awesome. Completely covers the rifle too for solid protection. Anyone have any experience with this pack? I'm pretty stoked someone made a pack like this.

Yep! Great pack, comfortable (fully adjustable for correct ride height) and well made. Ceylon on here usually has them in stock and is GREAT to deal with. ([email protected])

I recently bought 2 eberlestock packs (different purposes) and 2 advanced bugouts from him. Nothin but good to say about Ceylon.

It is a great pack and I think I saw something in another post that they added a more rigid frame component to the new ones. Check previous threads and see if you can find it.

I used mine during about 12 miles of movement in mountainous terrain and it was very good.

I was thinking about getting a new drag bag to replace a beat to shit voodoo tactical one with a worn out zipper when I came across this:

Eberlestock Gunslinger II

Whenever I'm out hiking around in the mountains target shooting/hunting it's a big pain having a pack for the rifle and a separate backpack for food water etc. Slinging your rifle is a pain for moving any long distance as well and it can get beat up especially if you slip/fall/travel in rough terrain. This pack combines both which is awesome. Completely covers the rifle too for solid protection. Anyone have any experience with this pack? I'm pretty stoked someone made a pack like this.

I have one that I use as a bag for training/comps, as well as my go bag when I'm at work. I freakin love it. Great pack with a lot of available space. I bought mine from delta outdoorsman and plan on buying another.

Hit up ceylonc here on the hide he is a hide vendor and will sort you out with a great deal. I use mine for 1 day hikes /single overnight on the hills .great quality and well thought out pack.
f3t3zd.jpg
24qtg2e.jpg

mrs3eg.jpg

Depending on how much cargo you have, check out the smaller but equally good X3 lodrag and the phantom with the scabbard which converts to a drag bag.

Ceylon in the guy to buy from.

Also have the Gunslinger II and will add this...... depending on how much total weight and gear you like to hump around, you may also like to look into the Operator and compare it to the Gunslinger. Maybe with the new frame they are putting into the new model of the gunslinger it will be better, but if stuffed full and heavier is the way you roll, the internal frame with the adjustable frame stays of the Operator may be more to your liking. I have a buddy who uses the Operator as his call out bag loaded with all his gear and a Savage rifle mounted in a folding McRee stock. He owns both the Gunslinger and Operator and chooses the Operator all the time for call outs. The Gunslinger is more of just his "take shit to work bag".

Don't get me wrong, the Gunslinger II is a good pack, but it does lack a structured frame. A brand new model is coming with an Intex II frame - http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...stock-gunslinger-ii-feature-mods-factory.html , so those concerns may be moot once this model get out for some use and reviews. Whatever you do, contact Ceylon and talk it over with him. He knows these packs as good or better than anyone and he will give you his no B.S. honest opinion and answer any and all questions/concerns you may have. He'll back it up with top shelf customer service and a great price to boot.

I have the gunslinger and the operator , I like the operator a bit better because of the way I sort and store my gear. I still wont give up the gunslinger though. If you think you will ever need a separate drag bag, also check out the phantom from them as well

I have the X3 and I use it often. My only complaint about these packs is that they are heavy. It's not a problem for a three-day match but carrying it full, at 50 pounds for 15+ miles, can be much more tiring than if I were to use a 2.2lb Kifaru for the same task.

Worth the money for sure. Incredibly tough and comfortable. The loads seem to balance well and comfortable all day long.

The X3 is the perfect size to shoot out of. I'm a minimalist when I camp and it was big enough for me but if you pack heavy it may be a little small. I'm on the fence between the GS2 and the original GS1. I like less pockets and straps

I have a GS2 as well as many other cases/packs and the GS2, if anything, is well built and worth the money. One thing I've learned about cases and such is they are like holsters, there is never one end all unit so I have a few preferred methods of carrying my rifle depending on which rifle and what gear I will need to bring.

That being said, one thing I've done to my GS2 that made it 10x more useful/convenient was to add some pouches to the outside. Mainly one for a couple mags and some ammo plus one of those round ones to hold a nalgene bottle. I also keep my notepad and stuff that I need often in the very accessible areas. Having to get in and out of the main pack often gets tedious but putting that stuff on the outside sure made it nice and freed up a little more room inside.

I love these packs I have 2 as well. I do have one complaint about the lo drag model. The zipper flap could be done away with, I get the flap caught in the zipper way too often. Other than that the lo drag for matches is awsome and the GS2 for operations is too.