• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Eberlestock H31 Bandit?

Anb618

In Valor, there is Hope.
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2017
Looking for a new backpack for whitetail hunting and thinking about grabbing this pack. I bowhunt almost exclusively from box blinds and tree stands and carry a backpack for full-day hunts. I carry a DSLR camera, extra layers, food/drink, piss bottle, and other assorted small items. Keep a rangefinder in my clothing already.

The pack I’m using now is a bargain bin find from the local farm supply store I bought at 18, and it’s complete junk. Loud material, crappy/loud zippers, poor organization layout and just poor general construction. I’ve decided I’ve suffered through using it for the last season.

Also curious what everyone thinks about which camo pattern would best match my Midwestern setting; Mountain or Mirage? Mirage looks slightly too light for mid/late season, and Mountain looks like it might be slightly off the necessary color palate? I might be making a bigger deal of this than necessary, but online photos are always deceptive and I have a tough time making an informed decision. Anyone with experience with these camos or this specific bag would be appreciated!

Attachments

• F0131BC1-5502-4073-9554-D923989394D0.png
    F0131BC1-5502-4073-9554-D923989394D0.png
    401.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 12C0641C-5EFA-4059-8E99-CAACD7AA55A9.png
    12C0641C-5EFA-4059-8E99-CAACD7AA55A9.png
    468 KB · Views: 81
Bump for the evening crowd. No one has picked up these bags or can provide guidance on camo variance from stock photos?

The deer isn't going to care or comment on your camo choice, especially from inside a blind. Most places we kill deer wearing bright orange vests and hats ;)

I love my Eberlestock bag. But its a bit bigger. I like the extra room for layers. Ive got a bit of a hike into my spot, so I go in with minimal layers on, then get to the stand and toss on my heavy "sitting in the cold like an idiot" layers.

The deer isn't going to care or comment on your camo choice, especially from inside a blind. Most places we kill deer wearing bright orange vests and hats ;)

I love my Eberlestock bag. But its a bit bigger. I like the extra room for layers. Ive got a bit of a hike into my spot, so I go in with minimal layers on, then get to the stand and toss on my heavy "sitting in the cold like an idiot" layers.

Concern over camo choice is more for my OCD than anything else. If it looks goofy compared to the rest of my stuff, it’s gonna drive me nuts. ?

I typically wear everything I’m gonna have on for the walk to the stand. My longest walk is under 1/4 mile and my most productive stand is literally less than 150 yards from my back door. Unless I’m planning to sit all day on a bedding/food travel corridor (or I’m hanging in a box blind all day for IL’s first shotgun season), I don’t even take a pack. I’ll need it maybe 10-15 times a year, and was just hoping someone here would have some experience with this pack.

Can't help you with the camo choice but I've had the bandit pack. Thumbs up from me. I liked the size - it was just barely big enough for me to get what I needed in there and it's super light but you may consider something just a tad bigger for a Midwest sit for your layers. The only thing I didn't like was that it took both hands to open because the zippers wrap around the top of the pack.

Reactions: Anb618
The H31 Bandit is a nice little pack. It was literally my "man purse" this elk season helping over 25 guys gut, skin and quarter. I use mine to carry all my cutlery in, including lights, IFAK, and tourniquet. I really like the Multicam pattern, but if I had to choose I would roll with the lighter camo pattern.

49130513272_c6fbf99d97_k.jpg